Harder & Steenbeck Infinity Solo quick fix airbrush

I have a new H&S infinity solo quick fix with the .15 needle that I want to change out for the .20 needle. The tip looks fairly straight forward to change, but how do I change the needle properly? I don't want to mess anything up or bugger up any of the settings. Can anyone offer me some advice? Thanks in advance, Chuck.

From what I saw regarding parts, it uses the same needles/tips as does the Evolution. If that is true, you will need both a .2mm needle and tip. I am not sure I understand what you are asking as regards changing the needle. You would simply replace the .15mm needle with a .2mm one - while the basic size of the needles is the same, the .15 one has a different taper at the the needle tip compared to the .2mm one.

I just want to change the needle out in the airbrush, but I'm not sure how that is done with the quick fix mechanism. I've unscrewed the rear of the airbrush off, but I don't see how I release the needle to put in a new one.

Again, you need to change the tip to go with the appropriate needle.

To remove the needle, loosen the "needle clamping nut (123043)" after unscrewing the endpiece (126667) from the main body (126423). After the clamping nut is loosened, just pull the needle out the back.

Now, I don't have this type of airbrush, but going on most other designs (excluding the Paasche line), an alternate way to remove the needle to protect the tip is to unscrew the tip head assembly from the body and push the needle forward for removal (which has the added benefit during cleaning of not running a dirty needle backwards and gumming up the action with paint). But I don't know if this is feasible with the H&S series.

Edited by Horrido

The needle in the H&S can be removed from the front, but you have to loosen the nut at the rear as Horrido mentions - have you ever you removed the needle for cleaning?

From the pictures, there is a cut-out in the rear body, and in this cut out you can see the needle and its locking nut. Just loosen the nut, remove the tip assembly and then you should be able to pull the needle out the front. Apicture of a different Solo Infinity without Quickfix shows it without the body cut out, for that one the entire rear half of the body should simply screw off again revealing the lock nut on the needle.

I don't know how the 'QuickFix' feature works so I am not sure what to tell you.

My Evolution has a rear section that is removable, and inside it (the removable part) is a thingie that allows you to preset needle travel. Since I learned how to use a double action airbrush without such a feature, I have no great need to use it now and just ignore that capability. Anyway, this preset usually results in 2-3 attempts to line everything up correctly when replacing the rear. My normal practice is to remove the tip and the rear covering, loosen the needle securing nut, and then pull the needle out from the front. I leave it disassembled until I am ready to use it again. At that time I will put the tip back on, insert the needle from the rear and gently push it into the brush until it seats in the tip, tighten the locking nut, replace the rear section add paint/thinner and spray away.

Chuck,

This was posted in the other Infinity brush thread. I copied this from the Obeeliks web site:

To remove / open the middle part of the Infinity you will need item 117233 in order not to damage the airbrush. This item is available in the section 'Spare parts' for Infinity.

117233 wrench which I did find in the PDF parts break down.

I do not know if you must have this wrench or not.

Good luck, hope all goes well.