Airbrushing Vallejo Air

Used Vellejo Air for my first time tonight, RLM 74 on my FW-190A-3. Didn't go very well. This is what I was using and doing:

Pashe H Airbrush with color cup. Fine tip.

10 psi- had trouble spraying- splatters

thinned wiht 70% Iso-alchohol and increase to 20 psi. Less splatters and better coverage. Not as smooth as I am used to getting with Tamyia or Gunz.

Paint seems to give an eggshell finish, not quite smooth

Iso-alchohol seemed to seperate from paint in the color cup

Any advice? I did a serach at these forums and some reccomended 3parts paint to 1 part distilled water. I will probably try that next time.

Other than the technical probelms, I liked the dropper bottle and the complete lack of smell from the paint. I like their color range and am interested in using them some more, but need help.

Thanks- Toad

There is Valejo thinner for their acrylic paints. Kinda milkish stuff. They suggest adding a drop or two in the mix to prevent clogging and delay drying. Valejo Model Air are thin enough in my opinion so no large amount of thinner is needed, just a drop or two.

I like the Vallejo paints.

One of the last kits I built was an Otaki P-40 done in a fictitious colour scheme.

Sprayed through my IWATA CS like you know what through a goose.

I thinned using JUST A FEW drops of windshield washer fluid.

I would use them again, no problem.

edited for spelling

Edited by Av8fan