Super Hornets 'out of date in 10 years'

Actually, the RAF had F-16s

-not that that makes it any better tho'.

I was, however, still entertained :)

:)

Strewth, I better re-watch the DVD now!

I think it is buried at the back of the DVD cabinet next to Doom and Ice Planet....

Edited by madmike

As a modeller and not a military aviator, my interest in the a/c is mainly limited to appearance, and that's my biggest gripe with the SH: it looks like an '85 Volvo... :)

Daniel

Edited by AP_Hancock

Daniel, beauty is in the eye of the beholder ...

I love the look of the Rhino(I don't think it looks like a 80s Volvo, maybe a late 90s S70 though) and I also love the look of the Tomcat(A 70s AMC Pacer ? :) ) ...

Gregg

Daniel, beauty is in the eye of the beholder ...

I'd never pretend otherwise :) . It just doesn't suit my tastes, and I don't think there's anything wrong with expressing that opinion. One thing you'll never hear me doing, tho, is criticizing it's performance.

Daniel

Edited by AP_Hancock

Saur grapes?

I think Murph's point is that this is basically a bunch of guys (who have never had sex) discussing sex. Basically thier experience is "second hand" at best.

Do you honestly want to be known as "Second hand sigmund"?

:bandhead2:

Remember, according to Murph, unless you have flight time in a fighter you can't comment. Kind of like not being able to talk politics unless you're a politician, or bad mouthing the cops unless you are a cop. Whatever you do, don't comment on sports unless you've played the game.
Wow, I finally made it to the end of this thread. :blink: There goes 40 minutes of my life that I'll never get back. Anyway... Aussie Super Bugs....hmmmm, that's pretty cool.

Too right and 24 of them :pray:

MikeJ

Question:

During the development and design process of an aircraft, do all the engineers part of the team have a pilot's license? If one does, does that mean that they can fly this aircraft?

I wouldn't think that all the aerodynamics/design engineers on the team had a pilot's license. Same can be said the propulsion engineers that have designed the engines.

Same can be said of automotive engineers design race cars. Have they driven at those high speeds with high lateral loads (up to 5Gs in a F1 car)?

Or how about, one builds pistols and rifles but had never fired one?

But yet in the end, they designed them without have any experience have in fighter aircraft or aerobatics.

I can concur with Murph's statements to a point but I wouldn't solely live by them.

My grapes are anything but saur and stop putting down Volvos.

No, Volvos are great. Just sayin'... which one of these would you rather try to pick up chicks with?

mycarlorvw8.jpg

1105ux0.jpg

Daniel

layer_comps1.jpg

That's the Super Volvo isn't it? I can see where they had to angle the side mirror plylons after the wind tunnel tests showed insects could possibly hit the doors when separating from the mirror. That costs them a lot of drag and reduced the unrefueled range... :doh:

Oh, and that anti-glare panel in front of the windscreen looks too glossy. :)

That's the Super Volvo isn't it? I can see where they had to angle the side mirror plylons after the wind tunnel tests showed insects could possibly hit the doors when separating from the mirror. That costs them a lot of drag and reduced the unrefueled range... :doh:

Oh, and that anti-glare panel in front of the windscreen looks too glossy. :doh:

Too expensive for the RAAF, instead they will purchase

25_Model_T.jpg

:)

MikeJ

Question:

During the development and design process of an aircraft, do all the engineers part of the team have a pilot's license? If one does, does that mean that they can fly this aircraft?

I wouldn't think that all the aerodynamics/design engineers on the team had a pilot's license. Same can be said the propulsion engineers that have designed the engines.

Same can be said of automotive engineers design race cars. Have they driven at those high speeds with high lateral loads (up to 5Gs in a F1 car)?

Or how about, one builds pistols and rifles but had never fired one?

But yet in the end, they designed them without have any experience have in fighter aircraft or aerobatics.

I can concur with Murph's statements to a point but I wouldn't solely live by them.

I don't know about that, but I know for a fact that the people who design product packaging either never try to open them, or are sadists.

You can fit more chicks in a 740 Estate.

Indeed!

WATCH!

"Hey, nice ride!"

"Yeah"

"Trip to the beach? With Mommy and the lil' uns?"

"Kids take up a lot of room!"

Proof that German commercials can be funny! But, they don't have to. In fact, most of the time, they aren't! :cheers:

I still love all this "strike tanker" claptrap that the Super Hornet community is so proud of. First off, the tanker portion of the mission is going to give away most or all of the fuel that it was to have used during the strike portion of its mission, and the gas bags necessary for the tanking mission eat up weapon stations that were supposed to be available for carrying ordnance for the strike portion of the mission.