My 1:1 Scale F-16 *Pics* (56k, go kick rocks)

Just wanted to share with you all my newly assigned jet! Finally got the chance to get my name put up on the nose landing gear door as I am an ADCC. Hope you all enjoy, and by the way who's all comming here to the Luke AFB Airshow?

IMG_0779_copy.jpg

IMG_0787_copy.jpg

IMG_0790_copy.jpg

IMG_0791_copy.jpg

IMG_0822_copy.jpg

Congratulations. And I was going to say it has an awfully dark radome until I realized it was a cover. I've never seen one of those before. Is it just there to protect the radome surface and the pitot?

Correct although it is two pieces, when we break down our jets before the first flight of the day, we will take the radome cover off leaving the pitot cover still on. It's just attached by velcro. :)

Congratulations, Greg. I'm pretty sure I shot that jet while I was on base this past January. Send me your contact info and I'll send the shots to you, if you'd like.

I'm going to be back out next month to do some more work. Maybe I'll see you there.

Jake

Congrats, nice toy! :D I think we were talking about this before, if you're interested, it can be one of our first F-16s!

Greetings, neu B)

www.deploymentproductions.com

Congrats, nice toy! :D I think we were talking about this before, if you're interested, it can be one of our first F-16s!

Greetings, neu :)

www.deploymentproductions.com

Will be sending you and scott (afterburner decals) reference pics here tonight once I get back from running a couple errands...

BTW, thanks everyone for your support and kind comments! Greatly appreciated! :)

Greg -

Awesome - It's cool to have your own Viper.

I was at Luke most of the day on Sunday, but spent the majority of the day along the fence aside 21L shooting the demo jets.

I did shoot the 310th boss bird that was under the sun shades. Now I'll have to get your jet!!

BTW - Do you have any status on the Mustang that blew a tire on landing Sunday afternoon?

ATB -

- Rip -

Greg -

Awesome - It's cool to have your own Viper.

I was at Luke most of the day on Sunday, but spent the majority of the day along the fence aside 21L shooting the demo jets.

I did shoot the 310th boss bird that was under the sun shades. Now I'll have to get your jet!!

BTW - Do you have any status on the Mustang that blew a tire on landing Sunday afternoon?

ATB -

- Rip -

As far as I know, Transient Alert got to him and he must've got it fixed last night cause this morning I had to be at work at 6:30am for a Mass FOD Walk over the whole airfield and I picked up pieces of the tire that flew into the grass and off to the side of the runway. I seen the mustang take off at around 9am this morning when I was wiping down my jet on the flightline... The thunderbirds took off shortly after in full burner and did a max climb and they all dissappeared one by one. :)

Greg -

Good update - many thanks! Reg was flying Gunfighter when the tire blew and he chopped the throttle right away - I instantly knew something was wrong and I watched him control it as best as he could over to the left side of the RW. He must have had a spare in the RV!! I was just surpirsed they left the Tang on the RW for the T-Birds show - that seemed very unusual.

That must have been one heck of a FOD walk this morning - there was junk everywhere. I was picking up stuff and dropping it in trash bins when I was on the ramp.

Well . . . Our Arizona airshow season is done for 2007. I hope that Luke or DM decise to have a 2008 show instead of skipping a year - like they did in 2006.

Best of luck on your 1:1 Viper project!!

ATB -

- Rip -