Cunningham and Driscoll's pilot helemts

Hi All,

Doeas anyone hove or know where I can get a picture of Ranfy Duke Cunnigham's and Willie Irish Driscoll's pilot helemets? I've built the 1/32 Tamiya model and would like to finish it off by adding the pilots, but would like them to be as accurate as possible.

Thanks in advance for any information anyone is able to privide.

Cheers,

Chris

Cunningham's was bright orange with a number on the back..............oh wait, that's his latest uniform.....my bad!

Dave

Some pilots had kill or mission tallies painted on their aircraft. Cunningham had a list of things he would do for you, and how much it would cost. He made ace because the North Vietnamese balked at the amount of money he wanted to leave them alone.

Have a few images from various sources showing both Cunningham & Driscoll post recovery (walking from a CH-46)... Cunningham is holding his helmet, Driscoll maybe as well but I don't see it in any of the shots. To me, IMHO, he has the following:

An overall black APH-6 helmet with a stylized white falcon (like the tail art) just below the visor track & possibly over the ear cup retainer... Odds are it's on both sides. The visor knob/lock (single visor assembly) appears white. I'm not 100% sure but believe Driscoll had a similar design. Kind of think crews flew with "squadron colors" or schemes for the most part during that time though I'm sure there's some variation out there.

HTH a little, sorry no images for you (scanner is T/U)

B)

Mark