What can I say, it's a pig of a kit. Nothing fits, requires about a pound of filler and a case of sandpaper. However, I have prevailed and completed it. Not a contest quality build by any standards, but it will look great in my Seaplane collection.

Exhaust drilled out and plastic rod was used to make the stacks. The decals splintered in the water and I lost a few of them. Krystal Klear used for the windows.

Rigging done with a product called "Magic Stretch" I found at Hobby Lobby. It's used to make bracelets and has a glossy finish. I wasn't too sure about it at first, but now I think it looks good.

s55done_001.jpg

s55done_002.jpg

s55done_003.jpg

s55done_004.jpg

s55done_005.jpg

I think I should work on my photography next... I suck at that.

Oh well, it helps hide all the nasty parts. :bandhead2:

What a great build Mark, of a subject which is rarely seen. Really striking colour should make this one stand out on the model shelf. :crying:

Fantastic work and thanks for sharing it, this was a struggle at times but the results make the effort well worthwhile.

:cheers: :( :)

Doc

Thanks guys!

Keeper: This is the Delta2 kit. I've never seen the Ringo kit, it may be the same. I took those photos in my kitchen. I think I may try outside and use a blue background, the yellow seems a bit harsh.

(By-the-way...any of you that have cats know that they love chewing on string. Well, my cat decided the rigging looked tasty, so now I have to redo it!)

Edited by indydog
  • 2 weeks later...

That plane looks like it should have come out of Flash Gorden. I read an article about the S-55 as a youth, and couldn't believe something like that could fly. Interesting plane. Nice build!

CH

• 3 weeks later...
Indy Dog was that your S-55 at the Duneland contest saturday the 5th of May?

If it was, you should be proud it looked good!

Resin Builder :)

Thanks.... it was, not quite a contest quality build, but how often do you see one built up? Besides, I like to show people what I've been up to.