Quick little MacDill thread

I'm coming down in one of the two T-2Cs we are bringing for the static display. I'll probably be hanging around reasonably close to it, so stop on by and say hi (I'll be the LTJG).

Looking forward to the weekend,

Mike

I'm coming down in one of the two T-2Cs we are bringing for the static display. I'll probably be hanging around reasonably close to it, so stop on by and say hi (I'll be the LTJG).

Looking forward to the weekend,

Mike

I'll definitely stop by and have a chat. I'll be wearing the sunglasses and red Ferrari hat I was wearing in the Tyndall thread. Look for me because I'm really shy! I'll have another guy that looks kinda like me and a girl with me. Well, she's his but she'll be there.

I'll be there. I was watching the Blue Angels practice today and I'm looking forward to Saturday.

Michael

I wish I could've gone to see them practice. Look for me. Same thing as above. Hopefully I can find you guys!

Matt

You guys are lucky. The way things are right now, there's been no airshows close that I can attend.

Wow!! Just looked at the Thunderbirds site and they're gonna be at McGuire in May. YAHOO!

Edited by Viperguy

I'll be there on Sunday. No idea what the heck I am wearing as of yet. Just look for the guy with lots of camera gear and a girlfriend thats way above his class!

Mike - I will be stopping by to see you, would love to work with the T-2s before they went away and I know my editors would like to do something to showcase the Mighty Buckeye.

Fuji,

I wish I would have seen this post before we left. Hopefully you got some pics of the beasts. Please let me know if you do an article on them, as I'd love to have a copy or two of that.

Mike

Fuji,

I wish I would have seen this post before we left. Hopefully you got some pics of the beasts. Please let me know if you do an article on them, as I'd love to have a copy or two of that.

Mike

Hey Mike,

I walked past the beasts several times but saw no one except the air force guards armed with CAR-15s. The guy from VFC-111 was also MIA. LOL hey at least I talked to the E-2 guys and they contacted me today. Being at P-Cola, have you heard when the T-2 is supposed to be retired?

Sorry we missed each other.

No idea what the heck I am wearing as of yet. Just look for the guy with lots of camera gear and a girlfriend thats way above his class!

Geez Fuji, that describes a high percentage of the male folk at a typical airshow ... :P

Gregg

Hey Mike,

I walked past the beasts several times but saw no one except the air force guards armed with CAR-15s. The guy from VFC-111 was also MIA. LOL hey at least I talked to the E-2 guys and they contacted me today. Being at P-Cola, have you heard when the T-2 is supposed to be retired?

Sorry we missed each other.

Fuji,

Unfortunately I didn't get to hang out by the jet that much on Sunday because we were in base ops trying to get fuel and lox and make sure we were going to get home that evening. Coincidentally, so was the F-5 pilot. As far as the T-2 being retired, I overheard today from the guy who is running that show for us, and he told the skipper that it's official and we should start seeing T-45s on our ramp within the year. I don't have a concrete date, but I know that the first class to fly T-45s is about to start API soon.

Mike

The T-2 Buckeye? I thought it was retired and you were bringing a warbird version. :crying:

That was the most common question folks asked me about the T-2. Other questions were "Are those bombs on the wingtips?" and "Is this a Coast Guard jet?"

Mike