What is the current paint scheme on Tornados?

If it's RAF, then Dark Sea Grey over all except for the upper surfaces of the fuselage, tail & wings which are Dark Camouflage Grey. However, I believe that some are being repainted over all Medium Sea Grey? Others may know more!

Sorry, yeah, i meant RAF.

On a similar note, i was looking at pictures on Airliners.net and i saw that on some surfaces on the Tornado's back, they were quite reflective. Anyone explain why these panels had an almost metallic appearance to them?

Both the GR and F3 Tornados are currently ebing repainted (Slowly) in Medium Sea Grey - on the F3s, the roundels are darker.

Some of the Grs seem to have MSG panels fitted on the upper surface, which is I think what you refer to.

If it's RAF, then Dark Sea Grey over all except for the upper surfaces of the fuselage, tail & wings which are Dark Camouflage Grey. However, I believe that some are being repainted over all Medium Sea Grey? Others may know more!

Doh!! Colours are the other way around! :woot.gif: :)

Anyone know if Saudi F.3s have been repainted to match current RAF birds?

And if not, what would be the correct colors to use? I have an Italeri F.3 in the stash (I don't completely trust the colors they have in their instructions)with just about every aftermarket goody I can find for it, but I've got at least 4-5 other projects to do before I build that one.

Anyone know if Saudi F.3s have been repainted to match current RAF birds?

And if not, what would be the correct colors to use? I have an Italeri F.3 in the stash (I don't completely trust the colors they have in their instructions)with just about every aftermarket goody I can find for it, but I've got at least 4-5 other projects to do before I build that one.

The RSAF F.3's are Barley grey with Light aircraft grey undersides.

Stephen

I have an Italeri F.3 in the stash (I don't completely trust the colors they have in their instructions)

As you shouldn't - Italeri instructions often give an approximization to the sorta-nearest paint color in their own line.

Note to Italeri: WWII Luftwaffe did not use Light Ghost Gray on the undersides! ;-)

Cheers,

Andre