Ladies and getlemen, this is the object of the enterprise: a 190-A8 from JG 301, found "somewhere in Germany" in April 1945.

colourfw190detail.jpg

It's predominantly 70/81, with 74 and 75 breech cover and gun troughs, and probably 76 undersurfaces with what looks like an 81 overspray along the fuselage.

As of 1pm yesterday, six months of unstinting labour had brought me to this point:

DSC_0002c_0000_Backgroundcopyr.jpg

The 02 areas had been painted and washed, but not highlighted, and the 66 cockpit bits had just received a single grey coat. Now I'm here:

DSC_0017c_0000_Backgroundcopyr.jpg

What the photo doesn't show is the way I cleverly sprayed Badger airbrush cleaner over the wings' uppersufaces,(again!), which now require rubbing down, and hopefully no filling.

I'm trying to give the yellow as much time to cure as possible before formally introducing it to Tamiya-san's masking tape. The paint is all Xtracolour well cut with cellulose thinners and paint driers!

Now if you'll kindly excuse me, I have a canopy to mask!

Nick

Thanks chaps! This is going to be quick and dirty, unlike both your sophistcated efforts!

How about a procrastinator's GB? Nobody builds anything, but we all come up with really interesting excuses why we haven't...

I say Go Hard or Go Home! :lol:

Words to live by indeed!

Nick

How about a procrastinator's GB? Nobody builds anything, but we all come up with really interesting excuses why we haven't...

Words to live by indeed!

Nick

I like it! Right up there with the Crap Kit Group Build :thumbsup:

Ken

A most frustrating evening - I wasted hours fixing (sort of!) the solvent damage to the wings, and then discovered the decal sheet was MIA. Of the dozens of "yellow 8s" I have, none were quite right for this a/c. Finally I found it, but intead of getting all the camo down, there was only time to mask the yellow and spray the 76.

DSC_0004_0000_Backgroundcopyr.jpg

A propos the caffeinated beverages Mike, I find that a couple of espressos and a few Marlboro really help those jittery, organic looking mottling effects!

Right, that 81 should be touch dry by now, so once more unto the breach with the schwarzgrun...

Nick

Phew! A little closer to the wire than I would have liked, but at least I've managed to finish a kit for the first time in about four years. :lol:

Sorry for the iffy pics, but at least you won't be able to see too much of the dust, fingerprints dodgy seams and other myriad affronts to this noble hobby I have managed to perpetrate in a single kit!

DSC_0010_R.jpg

DSC_0006_R.jpg

DSC_0003_R.jpg

Here's a little tip for anyone planning to slam a kit together in a few days: for the sake of your sanity, choose a subject with fewer than nine colours. :)

Thanks to the mods and everyone else for a great GB.

Nick

Thanks everybody for your kind words. This is the first of my models ever to appear on the net - I don't think digital cameras existed when I last completed anything!

Although it's after the bell, here are a couple more pics, which I hope are slightly better. If Nikon see those others, they might ask for their camera back.

DSC_0010_0000_BackgroundcopR.jpg

DSC_0004_0000_BackgroundcopR.jpg

In an effort to get this done before the deadline, I thinned the Mattcote with cellulose thinners to speed drying time. This was asking for trouble, and of course it subsequently frosted up a bit. I'm calling it "faded and dusty" :lol:

And yes, eagle-eyed viewers, I have lost the pitot tube since last night. :beer4:

Nick

Edited by bilkeau