Can i buff tamiya silver?

Yes you can! Use SnJ Aluminum Powder to buff the Tamiya Aluminum.

I assume that you're talking about Tamiya Acrylic (XF) Flat Aluminum?

You will be able to get a light, subtle sheen (looks lightly weathered) with the SnJ Powder.

Even better results are achieved when buffing the AS-12 Bare Metal Silver (synthetic lacquer from rattle can) with the SnJ; here you will see a stunning, very realistic sheen that looks even shinier when Futured.

Either way, you get very nice results with the SnJ Powder. Highly recommended!

Cheers

Old Blind Dog

Edited by Old Blind Dog
IMO, you can't buff Tamiya paints.

Try Mr Metal Color Aluminum if you want something buffable to a nice shine.

I used Mr Metal Color Aluminum and Stainless Steel on my F-15 and am using them now on my Hind. Good stuff!

In your "opinion?" Is that opinion actually based on experience or on your assumptions about acrylic paints?

As stated in my post above, yes you can buff Tamiya acrylic paints using SnJ Powder. . .I've done it on a number of occasions and the results were as I stated.

Cheers

Old Blind Dog

^I have Tamiya paints and they make up 90% of my paint stash. I do not have SnJ powder so I do not use this to buff Tamiya silver. I've used Tamiya Silver on many of my models so I am speaking from experience here.

I guess I should have posted, you can't buff Tamiya silver with just a piece of cloth alone.

Mr Metal Color can be buffed once it's dry; just use any dry cloth, cotton works best. No need for any powders or polishes or whatever. Mr Metal Color was designed to be polished this way.

Edited by albert_sy2