MORE SUPERBUGS!!! 1/48th scale

A couple of revells and a Hasegawa.... I'll let you guess which. I'm not thrilled with the pics and plan to take some more with my new camera but in the meantime, here's what I got. Let me hear some comments

Steven

01jan00120059pm0004lx2.jpg

01jan00120508pm0013aw2.jpg

01jan00121028pm0023oz8.jpg

01jan00121102pm0025nw5.jpg

01jan00121124pm0026vr4.jpg

01jan00121214pm0029qp1.jpg

01jan00121326pm0031yf8.jpg

01jan00121358pm0033cf5.jpg

01jan00121410pm0034to2.jpg

hornetsnestll4.jpg

Coming soon??? Checkmates? This means I have to buy ANOTHER F18F.... Oh well

VFA-211, 105, and maybe 27 will be going to Microscale this week. Check out afterburnerdecals.com for profiles of the aircraft that will be on the sheets. Say where did you get the JSOWs?

You kidding?? I still havent finished the 1/48 Wasp-class dio (have you seen those pics?) but it is fun doing this.

I see you lowered the flaps of the Revell kit. Is it hard? I kinda find it hard cos they are too thick....

after the first one? no.. Once I got it figured out, it was pretty easy.

Jeff, you know I weather everything.... you've seen all that Hyperscale stuff from a couple of years ago... it's the "future' look

As for the "JSOW's... I cast em myself from the old SOL JSOW's... in fact I did that with a bunch of weapons so I would'nt have to keep buying em.. mostly the Russian stuff from KAZAN and Tallyho but eventually I got to the American and NATO stuff too. In fact, the VF-102 kit has a cockpit and wheel bays I cast from the originals and intakes I cast ... HTH

f490f93f.jpgf490f93a.jpg

looks great to me cabo but it looks like you will need to invest in some wing fold sets from 3rd wire models when they come out.

[/quote

No kidding!! That shelf isn't small either. That's 6 Supers to each shelf.... So, yeah, wingfolds would come in handy... OR I wonder if I could just modify the Hasegawa fold and recast it so it'd work with the Revells.

OH!! I almost forgot this Italieri "E" I did a while back... Does this count?

f490f948.jpg

f490f93e.jpg

f490f944.jpg

Hey Steven, do you have any good pictures of the side consoles and sidewalls of cockpit? I am doing up the BB cockpit and its really hard to get references.

I have the Squadron F18 walkaround book... I'll see if I can scan the shots in and get em to you

you've got a very nice collection of Super Hornets going. Can't wait to see more. I like the VFA-2 Bounty Hunter aircraft. Are those the Aeromaster decals?

Mark

Most of the decals were Superscale. I do have some two bobs for some upcoming hornets though

I have the Squadron F18 walkaround book... I'll see if I can scan the shots in and get em to you

Thanks Steven. Much appreciated.

May I also ask a few questions? I posted it in the Jet section, but I guess I might as well post there too.

While I am doing up the BB cockpit, I have a few things to clear up:

1. There are 2 control sticks in the RIO cockpit, one on the left one of the right. There are no other throttles or controls sticks. Am I right?

2. In the pilot cockpit, there is a throttle on the left hand side and a control stick in the middle. Am I right?

3. Does anyone knows the color of the throttle? Is it black?

4. Does the RIO cockpit have brakes steps?

I am asking because I am using the BB cockpit for the Italeri kit. There I am ended up with an extra control stick, an extra throttle and an extra set of brakes @_@.

Also I would appreciate if anyone has some good pictures of the cockpit sidewalls and side consoles for me.