MORE SUPERBUGS!!! 1/48th scale

Thanks Steven. Much appreciated.

May I also ask a few questions? I posted it in the Jet section, but I guess I might as well post there too.

While I am doing up the BB cockpit, I have a few things to clear up:

1. There are 2 control sticks in the RIO cockpit, one on the left one of the right. There are no other throttles or controls sticks. Am I right?

2. In the pilot cockpit, there is a throttle on the left hand side and a control stick in the middle. Am I right?

3. Does anyone knows the color of the throttle? Is it black?

4. Does the RIO cockpit have brakes steps?

I am asking because I am using the BB cockpit for the Italeri kit. There I am ended up with an extra control stick, an extra throttle and an extra set of brakes @_@.

Also I would appreciate if anyone has some good pictures of the cockpit sidewalls and side consoles for me.

Questions 1,2,...yes

Question#3: the handle is black/dark grey (i never actually use black. I use Tamiya german grey) and the throttle stem is cockpit grey

Question 4: I believe the answer is yes. The footrests are in both tubs. I don't know if they are operable or not but IIRC I saw them in the pictures.

BTW... WIth a few corrections, the Italieri kit comes out looking pretty nice. That 'tophatters' Hornet I posted a few posts up is an Italieri. Good luck with yours!

Thx Steven.

I am actually using the tub on the Hasegawa kit :blink: Lotsa grinding to get it fit in.

Ouch! no kidding. The Tub is much deeper for the italieri version than it was for the Hasegawa. IIRC.... I think I tried that on one and ended up sanding it down to the point where I used pastic sheet for the floors. I ended up making casts of all 3 types so that I could use em on multiple kits

:lol:

JDAM!!! Super Hornet's nest!!! :doh:

I love all of them!

Glad to hear it.... more on the way. I'm on the Jolly Rogers and probably the kestrels next! Oh, and also the Royal Maces

Hey Cabo- SUPER WORK!!! What's your opinion on the Italeri F-18G? Don't know if you have built one but seeing all of your Hornets thought I'd ask. Super Job, sir!

Actually, the last hornet in this thread (Tophatters) is an Italieri kit. A little extra effort and it comes out really nice. Go for it!

Once you cut the flaps out, you need to sand inside of the wing areas and fill em in with sheet plastic. But if you do it right, it isn't that tough to do. Trust me, I'm onto the 8th hornet while I write this and after a while, you get really good at it

Steven

I see you lowered the flaps of the Revell kit. Is it hard? I kinda find it hard cos they are too thick....

Yeah, but I can't build a big gallery of those as fast or as cheap and the monogram kits would take too long to do everything that it takes to make em good enough

Nice job I prefer TOMCATS though.
  • 2 weeks later...

thanks folks.... got a couple more by next week. Probably the jolly rogers and the tomcatters.....or maces. I'm having a tough go of deciding on the single seater.

BRING IT ON!!! Nice work on those Hornets :cheers:

Take Care

thanks folks.... got a couple more by next week. Probably the jolly rogers and the tomcatters.....or maces. I'm having a tough go of deciding on the single seater.

Really nice work! I'm currently building a Revell E and am in the middle of cutting all the flaps etc. What fun!

Regarding the single seater, have you considered VFA-105 "Gunslingers"? I've been leaning towards getting that decal sheet...

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I actually have the Superscale sheet for that one. I'll get to it soon!

Steven

Really nice work! I'm currently building a Revell E and am in the middle of cutting all the flaps etc. What fun!

Regarding the single seater, have you considered VFA-105 "Gunslingers"? I've been leaning towards getting that decal sheet...

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, This might belong in Progress but I figure that since this is about a growing Hornets nest, I'd just put these in here. Now.... one of them is gonna be the Jolly Rogers but I need some suggestions on the other two. Not the ones that are already on this thread either. So, help me out bros!....

Steven

11may07104415pm0081lb0.jpg

11may07104430pm0082ur2.jpg

11may07104405pm0080tu8.jpg

11may07104339pm0078yk9.jpg

11may07104515pm0084mt0.jpg

11may07104540pm0086pr3.jpg

Hope ya like em!

Steven :D

Since you are going to make one of the F's a Jolly Roger, you will need to install the ACS in the back seat. Steel Beach makes one that you just drop in. It's currently available from Sprue Brothers.

HTH

Daniel

I'm sure I can few more shots out here. Uhm, the Decals are a recent Superscale sheet. Don't remember the number

Nice SB collection. Steve you did well. Do me a favor post some more images from the VFA-32 jet and whose markings are those?