It is a great kit. Builds up well and is very detailed. Here is one I did of it. I added some parts from the Cobra Company MH-6J MELB conversion set and some scratch parts to build it as the troop transport Mission Enhanced LittleBird (MELB) version.

MH-6JMELB006.jpg

More here.

Highly recommended. Good luck on it.

I've got two in the stash that will eventually go alongside my MH-60 (when they all get built). My first attempt to build it was going well, then I got frustrated and tossed the kit...only to find out how hard they used to be to find since the kit had been taken out of production!

I highly recommend grabbing one if you get the chance.

Guest LITTLE BIRD 117

Hey Jon I know what mini mall you are talking about, I have been down there before! Somtimes the PX sells models but the prices, wooo they are jacked up high.

Jake

Gino and Andy, great builds! :)

Andy, could you please post a few closeups (top, bottom, rear, front, side, attachment points) of the weapons planks? I've been having some trouble finding ref's for a future build in 1/72.

TIA

:lol:

Gino and Andy, great builds! :)

Andy, could you please post a few closeups (top, bottom, rear, front, side, attachment points) of the weapons planks? I've been having some trouble finding ref's for a future build in 1/72.

TIA

:lol:

Maybe this will help...

1bass.jpg

ah-69.jpg

image0097dy.jpg

Last one shows 19-shot pod which is not usual but the plank is the same.

Andy

Thanks Andy :) They'll come in handy.

Regarding the 19-shot Hydra, on the pic's I've seen of the -6M, they've had a GAU-19, GAU-2 and a 19-shot pod loaded - could that pic be of an M?

:thumbsup:

Looking at the rear door cutout, I would say it is a later model.

Hey Gang,

Nice 500's!

Are all the Dragon Hughes/MD 500's (civil/military)pretty much tooled the same? (OH-6A/500-C, 500-D, 500-E, 530-F)

I just lucked out big time and picked up a Dragon 1/35 MD 530 w/ MMS for $12.50 OTD!!! I will be looking to covert it to a 500-E Police bird. Does anyone know if it comes with a nightsun?

I would like to see a re-issue of the 500-Es myself.

Cheers,

John

Are all the Dragon Hughes/MD 500's (civil/military)pretty much tooled the same? (OH-6A/500-C, 500-D, 500-E, 530-F)

I just lucked out big time and picked up a Dragon 1/35 MD 530 w/ MMS for $12.50 OTD!!! I will be looking to covert it to a 500-E Police bird. Does anyone know if it comes with a nightsun?

They are all the same basic kit with a few extra pieces to make the different versions. All are great. I have built the OH-6A, the above AH-6J converted to an MH-6J, and a IDF MD-500 Defender w/TOW. I have another AH-6J in the stash to build as well. I believe the LAPD MD-530 comes with a nightsun, but none of the others do.

Edited by HeavyArty

Hi Gino!

Thanks for the info. With all the good reviews I look forward to the build.

I still have my Revell 1/32 EC-135 German Polizie extras I can snag the nightsun and FLIR from. Keeping the extras and scrap parts does come in handy. Thanks again!

John

There is a chance DML will re-issue the kit again. Anyway its an easy, fun to build aircraft!

I built mine a year ago in AH-6J configuration

Andy

Good Job. ;)

Matt :)

Just got my MD530 w/ MMS. It's a very nice kit!!! It came with a noze FLIR for my Police conversion. This is going to be sweet. And I just got another kit (same) . :wacko:

Does anyone happen to have a copy of the LACSD 500-E instructions?

I have a new favorite kit!

John

Edited by AirMedical