'GOLDEN DRAGONS' color bird

Great walkaround photos !

The scheme has a sort of a "throwback" feel to it, to me anyway ... I like it ...

Thanks for sharing the pics !

Gregg

Great Pics Tengu!!

Heck I have most of the hard artwork done since some of the markings carried over from their last jet.

I'll get cracking on this tonight and most likely have it done by tomorrow AM!!!

Free comp sheets coming your way bud!

Nice bird.

Still, call me a philistine, but somehow I prefer black over blue for VFA-192 boss birds... it just looks classier and more striking with the yellow dragons, IMHO.

Cheers,

Andre

Nice bird.

Still, call me a philistine, but somehow I prefer black over blue for VFA-192 boss birds... it just looks classier and more striking with the yellow dragons, IMHO.

Cheers,

Andre

I'm not sure that 192 used black, VFA-27 definitely did but I THINK (not positive on this) that the Dragons used insignia blue, very dark that it might appear black. I like the slightly lighter blue on the new bird, as there isn't any mistake what color it is.

I'm not sure that 192 used black, VFA-27 definitely did but I THINK (not positive on this) that the Dragons used insignia blue, very dark that it might appear black. I like the slightly lighter blue on the new bird, as there isn't any mistake what color it is.

Alright, thanks. I *think* I have a few decal sheet instructions back home stating black as the color, but I won't be home until later.

Another thing to check..!

Cheers,

Andre

edit: of course there's always online..! This Aeromaster sheet would have you use black.

Any takers..?

Edited by Andre

I don't doubt that decal makes would go with black, it's hard to tell and they're human just like the rest of us. One of the pilots in my office came from the Dragons before he went to TPS, I'll ask him when I get back to work if he remembers any use of black on the CAG bird.

Joe

Alright, thanks. I *think* I have a few decal sheet instructions back home stating black as the color, but I won't be home until later.

Another thing to check..!

Cheers,

Andre

edit: of course there's always online..! This Aeromaster sheet would have you use black.

Any takers..?

I don't doubt that decal makes would go with black, it's hard to tell and they're human just like the rest of us. One of the pilots in my office came from the Dragons before he went to TPS, I'll ask him when I get back to work if he remembers any use of black on the CAG bird.

Thanks, that would be great! In photographs, especially in less than optimum conditions, Insignia Blue can indeed look black... the same goes for F-14 tails as well.

Cheers, and thanks again,

Andre

Hey, terrific! I like it....and actually the blue is reminiscent of the dark blue paint on the F9F-5's they flew in the movie that made them world famous...Fantastic photos! :thumbsup:

Yeah, that's the feel I get too Andrew, I really like this the more I look at it ...

Gregg

Great Pics Tengu!!

Heck I have most of the hard artwork done since some of the markings carried over from their last jet.

I'll get cracking on this tonight and most likely have it done by tomorrow AM!!!

Free comp sheets coming your way bud!

Oh nice!!! How'd I miss this one!!?? I love that tail marking because it looks similar to the low-viz version-- which I like more than the previous hi-viz version of the dragon wrapping around the tail...

Bob!!! Get those decals done!!!! :thumbsup: