see, now i feel like i was tricked, because that was the first thing that I was going to mention, but you said you were going to fix it and I didnt see how that was possible. sneaky sneaky!

• 2 weeks later...

Y'know, I've been watching this build with great interest and it just occurred to me-you might just have a seat for one of these things that'll get my stalled build back underway! Mine is still MIA. Do you still have the styrene seat, and are you interested in parting with it?

:cheers:

Ken

A couple of layer of wash more. I also did "oil fading" on the entire fuselage and wings, and it looks good to me. There are some details here and there to be weathered, but i guess i am almost done. I will drybrush some areas afterwards, especially the section around cockpit and walkways.

il2-star3.jpg

il2-star2.jpg

I also fixed that decal and i improve it a bit. I painted the streaks onto the decal, as the original photo shows that the aircraft wasn't just outlined, but it was filled with streaks of white paint. I hope you like it.

il2-star1.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

After a small break from modeling i am back to finish off this bird. After the weathering i applied two coats of satin warnish to seal everything . I still might do some touch-ups with weathering. I also sprayed exhaust stains with a thin mix of black-brown, followed by a slight grey overspray.

il-2-weather2.jpg

il-2-weather1.jpg

I spent quite a bit of time making the gun.

il-2-dio2.jpg

And i will also add a couple of objects to the base. I might do a diorama for the first time. At the moment i am working on figures. Hope you like it.

il-2-dio1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...