For overall amusement I´m showing some pictures of my actual project, a HH-60 of the USAF. This one will complete my collection of CSAR-birds I´ve already done (MH-53 and HH-47).

HH-60l3.jpg

I decided to built the weather-radar from scratch, I think it had been a Harpoon-missile warhead before the conversion. The pilots are not the best, the gunners will be much better.

HH-60l2.jpg

I made a quite simple FRIES-system, the cargo space will be occupied later by a single PJ and some stuff like backpacks and a stretcher.

HH-60l1.jpg

The small "stubwings" had to be scratched using the original cut-off wings (I´m using the Italeri MH-60K kit) and some filler. The ammo-boxes are left-over from the Dragon 1/35 pilot/gunner-set and should have been used as ammoboxes for the 1/35 M-60. The look also good as boxes in 1/72... :worship:

HH-60r1.jpg

I also included a additional fuel tank in the back.

HH-60lau.jpg

These tiny little things are really awesome: Our hobby-club president made them for me, I hope they make excellent chaff/flare-launcher front-ends.

HAJO

Looking good Hajo :rolleyes:

HH-60lau.jpg

These tiny little things are really awesome: Our hobby-club president made them for me, I hope they make excellent chaff/flare-launcher front-ends.

Now those are interesting... :lol:

:lol:

HH-60lau.jpg

HAJO

I could use a couple of those in 72nd and 48th. Any chance he would make more in those scales? :D

Thanks,

Dave Fassett

In case you don´t have someone who is able to do photoetched parts in your region (I´m from germany), I will ask him.

HAJO

I don't. Let me know what he say's.

Thanks,

Dave Fassett

• 2 weeks later...

I sent him an email, but no response so far...

OK; the helo is nearly finished, just some little parts missing (IR-jammer, right cargo-door) and some spots need to be painted.

HH-60ff4.jpg

Closer:

HH-60ff1.jpg

I like how the gunners came out, they really appear like scanning the ground for any targets.

PJ and right gunner:

HH-60ff3.jpg

Also very nice: The chaff-/flare-launchers:

HH-60ff2.jpg

HAJO

Yes, I used an old Q-tip for this one, I need to use some smaller muzzles, but don´t know where to look for them or how to scratch them... (Maybe I just pretend that it´s a new Mini-Gun-Silencer for AFSOC... :) )

HAJO

• 1 month later...