Fine Molds to do 1/72 Y-Wing

I have to wonder, would a 1/72 A-Wing even be worth the effort? I mean, those things are awfully tiny...wouldn't they look more at home in the 1/144 department?

And yes, I'm speaking as a major A-Wing fan....

Edited by Andrew D. the Jolly Rogers guy
And another thing...this kit is awfully tempting to me, but in the process, anyone been following what an SMT resin Y-Wing has been going for on eBay lately? I'd love to know....to make the switch worth the while....

I've seen some Blue Moon Y-wings (old SMT master) on Ebay since the announcement. People are still trying to get $200 for them. I have one... I don't think you could expect to get any more than $150. It is 1/48th and accurate enough. I'd hold on to yours.

I have to wonder, would a 1/72 A-Wing even be worth the effort? I mean, those things are awfully tiny...wouldn't they look more at home in the 1/144 department?

One of my good friends had an A-Wing collection (from the micro-machine version up to the Kenner toy) and he had an A-Wing model that was 1/72, or roughly so. It was no smaller than a typical WW2 warbird model in that scale -- smaller footprint but more bulk, since it's all fuselage and no wings.

I forget which company made the kit he used, though.

If FM were thinking, they would go a 2 kit set of the B-Wing and the A-Wing. Why? Well, the A-wing is all fuselage and no wing while the B-Wing is almost all wing with no long fuselage. That would be about the one way I could see them doing it. And both would fit perfectly in their single sized fighter kit box.