LF: Italeri 1/48 Mirage F1 droptank

Does anyone have a spare tank from the Italeri 1/48 Mirage F1 kit? I was sent one a while back but after pulling the kit out to start and comparing it to the one tank already supplied in the box, I realized that I was sent a differently shaped tank from the older ESCI version of the kit. Looking at many photos of F1CT aircraft it seems most carry a tank under each wing but the Italeri kit provides only one. I would appreciate any help and am willing to pay for part/shipping costs.

Thanks in advance,

Joe

Joe,

please post a pic of the real fuel tank you are looking for so I can understand better.

Regards, Simone.

Simone,

Here is a photo of the tank type that I am referring to:

f1tankej5.jpg

Thanks,

Joe

Simone,

Although the details may be a bit off, that is the tank that I am looking for. The tank that was included in the original ESCI boxing was a bit longer and slightly different in shape. Have you got an extra Italeri tank?

Thanks,

Joe

Joe,

I should have a spare, let me check.

Simone,

Although the details may be a bit off, that is the tank that I am looking for. The tank that was included in the original ESCI boxing was a bit longer and slightly different in shape. Have you got an extra Italeri tank?

Thanks,

Joe

I did a review of the Italeri F.1 kit when it came out and there isn't a new tank in the kit.

http://www.kitreview.com/reviews/miragef1reviewdw_1.htm

Are you sure that they changed the old tank?

Dave,

I asked a while back on this board for a tank from the Italeri kit and someone ( I cannot remember who :thumbsup: ) offered one not from the Italeri kit but from the older ESCI boxing so I took it. Well, as you can see below there is a difference between the two tanks:

f1kittankseo2.th.jpg

The tank on the bottom in the photo is the "older" ESCI tank that is larger and of a different shape. This is the one that I was sent. The upper tank is the only one included in the Italeri kit. I guess the question becomes: Is the larger tank that I was sent actually from the ESCI kit or not?

The bottom line is that I still need a tank from the Italeri kit. If anyone has an extra one lying around or has a junk kit, I would appreciate if you could help me out as I need a second tank for a project.

Thanks,

Joe

Edited by dthank

There is a sprue shot of the tank in the original ESCI kit HERE .

It looks like they did change the tank in the Italeri kit by making it more bulbous at the front and changing the rear of the pylon. However, based on your photo, it also looks like what you got wasn't from the orignal kit. The one you got has a long tab to attach it to the fuselage and the rear fin attachment is just a slot instead of being a cutout section of the lower rear of the tank like in both the Italeri and ESCI boxings. Don't know where that tank came from. Maybe the old ESCI Jaguar kit?

The top tank half is definitely from the Esci/Italeri kit. The bottom tank looks a lot like the fuel tank that was provided in the Esci or Monogram Mirage 2000 kits which included a centerline fuel tank with attached pylon.

Edited by jeffryfontaine
  • 5 weeks later...
bump..... still looking for one :lol:

Send me your email address, and I will send a scan of what I have. That way you'll know if it's the one you need.

Larry Engesath

Edited by ReccePhreak