"Warthog Day" Ft. Smith, Arkansas

Here is what it looked like above the weather. My herk was one of the two beating up the pattern. We joined with the A-10s and F-16s for a photo op after the pattern work.

Hey ARGuard, Bobby Dugger was with us on Saturday. What was the serial number and call sign of your Herc?? Was that you guys practicing the 3 engine go arounds???

Thanks, Andy

Andy, we always go by the call sign Props and I think we were Props 72 that day. Either way we were in 1824 and yes we were simulating EPs. I spoke with Bobby and I understand you guys were pretty much on the runway taking pics. I am sure your pics of us turned out pretty good.

Hello my Fort Smith Warthog friends. Well I am back from the races. Got in at 0345. Very tired but great race. It was good to meet all of you photo guys at the show Sat. I am going to say that I LOVE the new paint scheme. Any of you decals folks that want shots and will do a decal of it let me know I would think it would be a great decal. I think it is awesome to see an Arkansas Razorback on the nose of a HOG. Hey B-swiny great to see you put some pics on the site awesome job on the aerial shots my Loadmaster brotha. Here are a few of my pics I got from Sat.

th_MyPictures0010.jpg

th_MyPictures0015.jpg

th_MyPictures0035.jpg

th_MyPictures0028.jpg

th_MyPictures0013.jpg

th_MyPictures0041.jpg

th_MyPictures0006.jpg

th_MyPictures0037.jpg

Edited by ARK HERKY LOAD
Hello my Fort Smith Warthog friends. Well I am back from the races. Got in at 0345. Very tired but great race. It was good to meet all of you photo guys at the show Sat. I am going to say that I LOVE the new paint scheme. Any of you decals that want shots and will do a decal of it let me know I would think it would be a great decal. I think it is awesome to see an Arkansas Razorback on the nose of a HOG. Hey B-swiny great to see you put some pics on the site awesome job on the aerial shots my Loadmaster brotha. Here are a few of my pics I got from Sat.

nice shots - Two Bobs is already working on the decals

Thanks Andy. And Thanks so much for loaning me your camera, Got to get one. Ken, thats great Bob is working on the decals. I know he will do a great job on them. I got some pictures for him for the LET ROLL decals. My shots are on the decal of the CO's plane on the wash rack.

Edited by ARK HERKY LOAD
  • 2 weeks later...

I figure I would post some photos of Warthog Day that are not included in the article I did for Fencecheck (Roger got the pick of the litter).

p998576362-4.jpg

p718015807-4.jpg

Note the water vapor vortex going into the intake.

p777241550-4.jpg

"Husker 55"

p1026492268-4.jpg

p597559343-4.jpg

p568299914-4.jpg

p812596657-4.jpg

p553313302-4.jpg

Edited by andyman_1970