G-91T in 1/48 scale

Hi mates,

here are some pics of a great conversion I'm doing on a Ocidental Replicas G-91R.

I'm converting it to obtain an Italian Air Force G-91T, one of my favourite airplanes.

The job has been stopped since I'm dedicating to complete 5 F-104 in 1/48 scale for a model contest (and to delete 5 boxes for my stash...).

Cheers

Maurizio Bressan

www.ma-files.it Military Aviation Files

Hi Andre,

thanks for your reply. The -T rear canopy will be the -R canopy and the frontal will be made from scratch. I'll thermo blend an acetate sheet on a piece of wook having the same diameter. Some pieces of alu tape will serve as metal structure of the canopy. Both canpies will be open.

The frontal canopy is not longitudinal curved for my fortune....

Maurizio

Hi Andre,

I used the drawings (same scale for the -r and the -t version) I fond in some books. Just compare the book drawings dimensions to the model kit. After this I fond that the difference between -r and -T was "XY". When I compared the difference in the real model between -R and - T I was surprise that is was exactly the "XY" difference I fond trough drawings/model kit.

After this you have to cut the model in 3 parts as per my pics and add plasticard to fill the gap, add putty and sand. When ready you can easily make the panels and rivets.

Cheers

Maurizio

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

here are some more pics of the model.

I made the frontal landing gear bay adding some cables and some pieces of plasticard. i also made the front canopy. the front canopy is not curved/blended so it is simply to make it.

About 10 years ago an Italian company (P.D. Models) made the G-91T and g-91Y in 1:48 scale. The kits were made in resin and - standing to some comments on mazazines - not very accurate.

cheers

Maurizio

g91tvanocarrello.jpg

g91t_4.jpg

g91t_3.jpg

g91t.jpg

g91t_5.jpg

• 2 years later...

I'm back again with this project. I re-started the project some months ago. Neomega cockpits has been used for testing the cockpit tubs. -T cockpits were a little bit different.

I has been lucky enough to find detailed tecnical drawings.

I hope you like it and stay tuned!!!!!

Cheers

Maurizio

Dscf9542.jpg

Dscf9544.jpg

Dscf9545.jpg

Dscf9546.jpg

Dscf9547.jpg

Dscf9552.jpg

Dscf9553.jpg

Love the G91, Maurizio. I did see some Italian G91s back in the 1980s. Unfortunately the only photo I have is a Portuguese version but I thought I'd share it anyway. Good luck with your build - I look forward to seeing the end result.

All the best,

Ian

4099220282_fd1fd74c4a.jpg

More!

I cut the wheels adding a piece of plastic sheet.

The airplane will be as follows:

- flaps TO

- airbrakes down

- open canopies

- frontal landing gear turned

- turned rudder

- I'm thinking to add the engine inside... but I have time to decide....

Cheers

Maurizio

Dscf9737.jpg

Dscf9738.jpg

Dscf9742.jpg

Dscf0011.jpg

Dscf0058.jpg

Dscf0114.jpg

What a hell of a work... and you manage to keep everything tidy and neat in spite of the major conversion. If I were to do this, there'd be putty out of the door and into the street :thumbsup:

I read that when Ocidental copied based their moulds on the ESCI ones, they made 'corrections' that in fact make the fuselage shape wrong. Can you confirm that?

I LOLed at the sight of the RadioKalika ruler. Pubblicità occulta?

Hi there,

yes ... I used a large amount of putty and it is not still finished.

I must/want to catch the exact silouette of the airplane so several layers of putty are necessary. I had the opportunity to see the Italeri (ex ESCI) G-91R but I wasn't able to compare the 2 kits.

Ocidentat copied the mold for sure but added negative panels (not so bad!). Heller bought the Ocidental mold and what else?

Italeri, ESCI, Ocidental and Heller have several errors but they are the only kits we have .... A good modeller can do miracles on bad kits ...

....for the ruler... well .... when you are so happy and relaxed with your model kits ... you forget to clean the background for pictures... eh ehee eh

not black advertising anyway....

Cheeers

Maurizio