1/48 Hasegawa Mitsubishi F-1 Panther

Here is my first JASDF build (im planning on doing three :thumbsup: ). As usual I started with cutting the main body of the build and tried to dry fit everything to see if there will be problems along the way. Luckily it fits almost perfect. After doing so I tackled the cockpit and the seat using Eduard PE and some picture references (thanks to Paolo Maglio!), here is where I am right now.

First, this is what I have:

DSCN0267.jpg

Here is the dryfitted fuselage and main body:

DSCN0321.jpg

Pictures of the seat, DW-ES-7J and the cockpit:

DSCN0340.jpg

DSCN0335.jpg

DSCN0339.jpg

DSCN0338.jpg

DSCN0341.jpg

Update next time :)

Eric

Edited by speedlimit
Here is my first JASDF build (im planning on doing three :whistle: ). As usual I started with cutting the main body of the build and tried to dry fit everything to see if there will be problems along the way. Luckily it fits almost perfect. After doing so I tackled the cockpit and the seat using Eduard PE and some picture references (thanks to Paolo Maglio!), here is where I am right now.

First, this is what I have:

DSCN0267.jpg

Here is the dryfitted fuselage and main body:

DSCN0321.jpg

Pictures of the seat, DW-ES-7J and the cockpit:

DSCN0340.jpg

DSCN0335.jpg

DSCN0339.jpg

DSCN0338.jpg

DSCN0341.jpg

Update next time :cheers:

Eric

Outstanding work on the cockpit and seat. Looking forward to seeing more of your build.

Edited by Raptor Supporter

Hi folks...a little update on my build, just finished priming everything. I'll let it dry up, spot any anything i dont like, then off to the paint booth! :cheers:

DSCN0342.jpg

DSCN0345.jpg

DSCN0346.jpg

The little bit and pieces goes here:

DSCN0343.jpg

DSCN0344.jpg

Till next time.

Eric

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

Ive been delayed for a week for some pressing matters to attend to. Anyway I've painted the F-1 with tanks, pylons overall gunze Phthalo Cyanine Blue, mixed with a little bit white, i think the blue was just too dark out of the bottle. Painted the intakes, landing gear & wells all white, exhaust & burner cans with burnt iron and aluminum.

After it all dried up gave the model a coat of future, ready for decals!

MitsubishiF-1002.jpg

MitsubishiF-1006.jpg

Couple of shots of the cockpit:

MitsubishiF-1008.jpg

MitsubishiF-1009.jpg

Hope to finish everything this week, i'll post the finish product by that time.

Cheers, :whistle:

Eric

Outstanding work Eric,

your cokpit is just perfect.

The blu paint looks a bit too light in your photos but I think it will be fine once you add a gloss coat to it.

Keep the good photos coming!

Cheers

Paolo

Outstanding work Eric,

your cokpit is just perfect.

The blu paint looks a bit too light in your photos but I think it will be fine once you add a gloss coat to it.

Keep the good photos coming!

Cheers

Paolo

That model had a shot of future already in it when taken. Had to scale down and tone down the blue, it just look to gloomy for my taste. :cheers:

Eric

:beer4: Very good progres Eric. :deadhorse1:

I was playing around with some Tamiya Acrilics the other day and I think I have found a perfect match for my F-2B colors. :)

Used XF-14 Sky Blue, XF-8 Blue, XF-17 Sea Blue, and assorted dabs of white and black here and here...and strangely, i even added just a drop of orange to the lighter blue. :)

Looking foward to seeing all those decals on. B)

:worship: Very good progres Eric. :yahoo:

I was playing around with some Tamiya Acrilics the other day and I think I have found a perfect match for my F-2B colors. :cheers:

Used XF-14 Sky Blue, XF-8 Blue, XF-17 Sea Blue, and assorted dabs of white and black here and here...and strangely, i even added just a drop of orange to the lighter blue. :P

Looking foward to seeing all those decals on. B)

Wow Anthony that is some concoction you got there! I need to mix my F-2B colors myself since i'll be doing it somewhere in the near future. How about the colors called out in the guide isnt that close to the real thing?

Eric

Wow Anthony that is some concoction you got there! I need to mix my F-2B colors myself since i'll be doing it somewhere in the near future. How about the colors called out in the guide isnt that close to the real thing?

Eric

I think the paint mixture in the instructions is not as 'vivid' as the one i made up.

I worked out mine with a bit of reference to this: http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index....c=56251&hl=

Doc Fester is da man :cheers:

AW

Glad I visited this forum thread. I always wondered what Hasegawa meant by "Phatalo whatyoumahcallit blue". Excellent work on the Mitsubishi, Anthony. Where did you get the Edward set and what is its number, I'd love to dress mine up.

Thanks for any help.

Keep up the good work! :D

Riö<*>

Semper Fi!

Edited by Riö

Rio,

Phthalo Cyanine Blue is a bright, greenish-blue crystalline synthetic blue pigment from the group of phthalocyanine dyes. Phthalo Blue is a deep blue oil paint. When mixed with other colors, it quickly tends toward green.

Also, with the addition of chlorine to it, it turns to a lighter green tone than the original prussian blue with the same chemical characteristics.

The Eduard set I used for the F-1 Panther is EDU 49335. Its a combination of FE 335 and 49 335.

EDU49335.jpg

Eric

Edited by speedlimit

Thanks guys! Now for some update. Putting such big decals is really a PITA specially if some parts of the surface to be covered are with lumps and bumps :worship: . Bcoz of this, I ruined the white decals that goes in both sides of the wings. I had no choice but to paint that part. It took me about a couple of hours of tedious work masking and copying the decals as close as possible. I also chose to paint the V shape shoosh white decal that goes around from the top of the cockpit. Had the other decals done, including the big one on the tail.

Part 1

MitsubishiF-1Panther015.jpg

MitsubishiF-1Panther014.jpg

MitsubishiF-1Panther013.jpg

MitsubishiF-1Panther012.jpg

Another screw up is the decals I placed on the starboard side of the vertical tail. The decals warped due to the spaces created by the hinges where the decal never adhere to the plastic. After spraying some future, it got some inside the decal thus warping the area under the "50th" :worship: . Oh well you cant have them all. :wasntme:

Part 2

MitsubishiF-1Panther011.jpg

MitsubishiF-1Panther010.jpg

MitsubishiF-1Panther009.jpg

I'll try to finish putting the other decals by this coming week and everything else under the fuselage.

I'll be posing this with the canopy open.

Thanks,

Eric

Yes Anthony I did...alot of hair pulling and sudden heart attack came with it! :crying:

Eric

:lol:

Cant wait to see her finished :thumbsup:

EDIT:

about the decals, did you use micro set/sol before u applied them?

I usually spray future, let it sit overnight, apply micro set, apply decals, blot water, apply micro sol, let dry overnight, check for bubbles, reapply sol, then spray final flat coat

Edited by AnthonyWan
:crying:

Cant wait to see her finished :thumbsup:

EDIT:

about the decals, did you use micro set/sol before u applied them?

I usually spray future, let it sit overnight, apply micro set, apply decals, blot water, apply micro sol, let dry overnight, check for bubbles, reapply sol, then spray final flat coat

Anthony, I dont use micro sol/set for my decals. Just use warm water and same procedure as you do.

Eric