I'm in the process of building an F-4E-49-MC (71-1086) which was based in Turkey during Desert Storm (was 3rd TFW CO jet). I've got the 30th Anniversary F-4E kit, which includes the TISEO, which is marked as "not for use" with the kit decals.

My question concerns two parts, M6 and M9 located next to the TISEO parts and also marked "not for use". One of these parts looks like the combat camera located under the right wing root as shown in the Detail & Scale F-4E book on page 24, the other one looks like an alternate version of the same thing.

Should I use either one of these parts on this particular F-4E and exactly where does it go? The photo in D&S is not clear as to exact location.

Thanks.

Dennis

Should I use either one of these parts on this particular F-4E and exactly where does it go? The photo in D&S is not clear as to exact location.

I've never built an 1/48th Hasegawa Phantom, but if it's anything like on their 1/72nd Phantom kits these parts go where the panels with (USN/USMC variants) or without (landbased versions) the catapult bridle hooks go.

HTH,

Andre

I've never built an 1/48th Hasegawa Phantom, but if it's anything like on their 1/72nd Phantom kits these parts go where the panels with (USN/USMC variants) or without (landbased versions) the catapult bridle hooks go.

HTH,

Andre

Thanks. I've never built the 1/72 F-4E, except for the version Hasagawa made in the 70s. Now does anyone know if they were still in use at the time of Desert Storm?

If I may ask;

Were these camera's only used for low-level strikes (all picteres I saw taken with them, where taken quit close to the ground), and thus, have these been phased out because the change of concept (med/high alt strikes) !? Or, were they just to old to do the job ??

Thanks !

Daniël

Have to agree with that. I worked D's E's and G's at Spangdahlem rom 80-82. The D's had the camera fittings and I hit my head on them enough times to remember. The E's did not have them.

Thanks to all of you. I'll leave the cameras off.

Dennis.