F/A-18 Blue Angel crashes on foxnews

I was at the show as well(i live in Beaufort),,the incedent goes pretty much as it was descibed earlier

so far the pilot is confirmed dead,,,there were 8 houses damages and about te same amount of injuries(none thought to be serious)

It has been announced that the airshow will continue on tomorrow ,although the BA will NOT be performing.

that's pretty much the latest as the news conference has just ended

God bless those close and take #6 home

So, what caused the downing,

Investigation is underway.

and do the Blues have another single seater they can get their hands on?

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot? :salute:

My thoughts and prayers are with the Blues and their families.

-Mike

Edited by PBoilermaker
BluesSolo.jpg

..."slipped the surly bonds of earth" to "touch the face of God."

:worship:

A Most fitting Tribute Dave ...

And I echo Andy as well ...

Godspeed Blue Jet #6 ... :worship:

Gregg

Very sorry to hear about the crash and loss of life. They might have an idea of the cause from radio transmissions and a few other points, but undoubtedly will not announce an official cause until the accident investigation board is complete. The aircraft would be simple to replace, but a new pilot will take quite a while to select and train. Probably not anymore this season unless they pull back one from last year.

Darwin

sad, yep very sad, they take huge risks just for us !

surely be very difficult for them to rebuild, as the word "team" is very important for them !

hope the family find the force after this loss.

Pat

Hi ,

I was really shocked when I read that article from crash at BEAUFORT, S.C.!

My deepest sympathies and condolences goes to the family and friends.

As I flew with the team in 2006 when "Kojak" was still a narrator , I feel a strong relationship with them , and talked to him when they were @ ElCentro during there Wintertraining - man I cant believe that, what I have read right now!

I´m really, really sad right now , RIP, Kojak...your performances were surely enjoyed by all, to the very end.!

RIP to the pilot Kojak, who I'm beyond sure was among the very best of the best...The loss of this pilot is a huge loss to the aviation world indeed.

Kind regards,

Mick

BA6_1_passig_gemacht.jpg

This sucks I had a good night with a free UFC, and a 24 pack of Bud light. I hit the rack and 1/2 out and the news comes on! GOD SPEED #6 and SEMPER FI MAC!salute.gif

Edited by SSgtd6152