Cobra Company suspending operations as of May 1, 2007...

People, we need to get some orders going to Cobra Company. If we do not support businesses like Cobra Company and others, they will be gone! Chris provides the highest quality products for our hobby and he obviously can't run a business out of the goodnesss of his heart.

Pete Brown

Chris just started making true seamless resin intakes for the Academy UH-60. I sent him the masters and a month ago he sent me the first sets. He tole me he has a bunch of stuff not advertised like the intake sets.

Here is a peek of what I sent him and what he sent me using his casting skills is remarkable, high speed shaft and all....

cast-intake-1.jpg

Inlet-cast-assy.jpg

inlet-cast-set.jpg

Guest LITTLE BIRD 117

OMG!!! This really sucks! I have to of their lits and they are great! I can't imagine them not getting enough orders, dang it, my fav. resin company is gone!

Jake

I don't see anything on his web site about this...don't you think he would say something?

Aaron

Cancel that...that really is too bad. I have been wanting to order an AH-1W cockpit set in 1/48, but we are very strapped for cash right now.

Edited by strikeeagle801

Yes well said, I agree.

We have to support guys like this. They have sure filled some important gaps for us. And of such high quality, we dont want to risk loosing such a great company............email order sent!!!

Cheers

I'm hoping that sales from inventory will be enough to get CC back on track. Maybe if we've been waiting on getting that one detail set, the next couple weeks will be the time to pony up the cash.

Exactly. Which is why I placed an order just this morning.

I did the same. CC has great products and great service, not sure what else we could ask for in a vendor. Let's support him when he needs us.

Phil

I'll be checking the couch cushions and under the recliner for all the change I can scrape together to order a couple sets myself.

Now I just have to figure out which boxes have my kits and supplies in them...

Chris and I have been emailing a bit lately. I ordered some Thud weapons from him on Thursday and hope to be getting several other sets as well. Hopefully if we rally, we can get him back to 100% quickly. Just ordered my Whiskey Cobra pit. Now to save the pennies for the J and G model pits!

Jon

Edited by Cobrahistorian

I ordered 3 sets from Chris about a month ago. I guess I will have to order the other couple of sets that I have been wanting.

I have to add though, I believe Chris hurt himself when he stopped providing sets to the wholesalers and stores. When I worked at our LHS we used to get sets almost every other order from MMD or VLS, cant remember which one if not both. The problem Chris had then was he could not keep up with the orders, now he not getting enough, think he might have to rethink his production plan and sales options.

Regards,

Robert

I know making masters consumes Chris's time. If there are any good master makers out there (CH-47D hint) run the masters by Chris and maybe that will help relieve the pressure.

Just a thought.

I think later tonight I'll order the HH-60H conversion set (I don't have my own credit card, so I gotta get my dad to do the actual buying, then I just re-emburse him, and he isn't here right now)

Take care,

Austin

Edited by arkhunter2002
I tried to place my order earlier today (1/35 NTS Update/Cockpit), but got an email from Chris saying out of stock, and worse yet, OOP. Crap.

I may have gotten one of , if not the last NTS Set. It arrived in the mail today along with the 1/48 XM-23 (M-60) Door Gun set.

My 1/35 XM-23 set, as well as my !/48 HH-60J Jayhawk set should arrive early next week.

I got lucky!

Pete Brown