Sign me up! :beer4:

I'm planning on building a 1/48 "D-day" C-47 with EagleStrike decals. :nanner:

I was planning on re-scribing the whole kit, scratching a whole new interior and cockpit. and droping the flaps, but I guess I can just build it OOB. :cheers:

I'd also like to do a 1/48 B-25H as a USMC bird :doh: What am I thinking I will be lucky to get the C-47 done in time.

Mark

Edited by Rampage55

I'm in with a 409 squadron special CF-101 Voodoo.

A what if Canadian CFA-4M (OA-4M) in 1976

And IF I find the right decals a F-5F. Hopefully 2-Bobs F-5 new release will fit the bill.

I'm starting out with these three:

builds002to4.jpg

The 109 and the Helldiver were ebay wins-still "sealed in factory shrink". Not. The 109 was resealed, not bagged and has a broken vertical stabilizer. The Hellcat was courtesy of Viperguy.

I plan to take this to the nth degree too. I'll even paint them per instructions-right or wrong (and they're all wrong). And if the decals are unusable, I'm hoping I can replicate them from the stash. Really don't think I'll build one in a day like I used to tho...

Ken

Edit: The Helldiver melted (obviously) and with the tail broken and lost on the 109, both of those are out and (so far) replaced with Revell's release of the old Monogram F4U-4.

Edited by WymanV

I'm in for the 1/48th A-4E VMAT-201 Superscale decals and I'm stealing an extra MER from my second build 1/48th OA-4M which I'm going to build in a What if CAF fighter using the Belcher CF-5 decal sheet so I've got options.

I was going to build the RF-101B (which I still might) but I don't want to make this overwhelming.

:soapbox:

Emil

Hi all,

I'm going to participate by completing at least one of the following Classic Monogram kits or re-boxes.

1/77 Ford AT4 Trimotor (RAAF Ambulance)

1/48 Grumman F6F-5 Hellcat (FAA Fighter)

1/48 Aurora Pfalz D.III (AWM's display)

1/24 Ford Shelby Mustang GT350-R (Wish I had a real one)

Thanks for getting this GB organised and whipping the enthusiasm to the pitch it seems to have reached.

G

:thumbsup: I am in with two MIG-17's and one F-86. One of the Migs will be from its own packaging and other one along with the F-86 are out of the classic combo kit. All will have A/M decals. First time in a long time building something strictly out of the box. I am not even going to put on seat belts. All kits will be 1/48 scale.

By the way, since this is my first GB which Banner are we allowed to use and how do you attach it to your signature?

Regards,

Robert

I'm IN. I'll commit to three birds at this point, all from WW II:

1/48 FW-190 in 70's era boxing, that will be my starting point. I need to check my paints to see which Luftwaffe colors I have.

1/48 Zero. I've got 7 Allied birds, so I'll put in a couple of Axis birds.

1/48 F4U-4 Corsair. It's the 80's boxing with Korean War decals, I'll see if I use those or the WW II decal set I have.

I really want to do the P-40 too but I got started on it a while back, by simply painting the sprue with the instrument panel, wheels, and props flat black, I haven't done anything else. Would that be ok to enter too?

I've got plenty more, including some Korean War birds I want to do alongside my growing WW2 collection in 1/48. The AD-6 Skyraider and F-86 Sabre, if I get the time I'll add those. I've got PLENTY of other Monogram kits, including some real space ones - but this real space nut wants to dress his kits up some so I'll stick with the WW2/Korean stuff for this GB.

Justin

I'm in with the Ferrari 275P . . .

ferr1a.jpg

Looks like a classic to me. Nineties reissue though, not a rare collectible.

ferr2a.jpg

As usual, I opened the box when I bought the thing. Parts are still in the bag, though. There aren't too many of them (no engine). Maybe this could actually be a quick build? Nah, I'll build it in a weekend and then spend three months trying to get the finish looking decent.

I still might do the HU-16B as well, if I can find the Siam Scale decals for it.

I really want to do the P-40 too but I got started on it a while back, by simply painting the sprue with the instrument panel, wheels, and props flat black, I haven't done anything else. Would that be ok to enter too?

Justin

Justin

I have no issues with that. Though a quick question to Spaced might be in order.

:cheers:

MikeJ

Justin, Mike,

I have no qualms with the pre-painting on the P-40 instruments and props. As I am a spammer, please report this post. says, Just do it!

Consensus is a joy to behold! :D

:)

MikeJ

Edited by madmike

I am in with this true "Classic"!

Mono17.jpg

She is a vintage 1975 Monogram 1/48 B-17G that I have aged for far too long in ths stash. Therefore, it is time to build her. I have not as yet determined what markings she will carry. I do know that it will be an olive drab over grey camo scheme, and I am thinking either "Just Plain Lonesome", "Little Patches", or "Man O War. Horse power Ltd".

If time permits...a H-U-G-E "if"...I will also attempt to build a Monogram 1/48 B-24D Liberator. Both the Fort and the Lib have been locked away for too long!

Regards,

Don

;)