Jamie

Sorry mate, that is a bit too far built.

:)

MikeJ

Mike; I realized it would not qualify in another way as well. I forgot that I had used an Eduard PE set for the cockpit. :(

Oh well, I shall look around for something else.

:cheers:

I got mine on ebay from a guy in Vancouver. I'd be happy to pass on the details to you in PM if you like, or you could be resourceful and search for yourself :doh:

It's made in China now, but is perfectly acceptable. The chrome parts are still chrome, for instance.

Well, since I am doing the Hasegawa P-39 for the Eastern Front Group Build, I might as make it a "Two-for" and build the Monogram P-400 for this one. Will do a Guadalcanal bird -- maybe even use the kit decals. Was thinking about doping the B-25H in USMC marings, but wanted to add the radar which would have violated the rules. If I have time (probably not as I am doing two models for the USMC group build) I might also do an F-102 in SEA camouflage.

• 3 weeks later...
I am sooooo in with a P-51, an F-4J, P-38 and a Skyraider...we'll see how many I can finish before July 8th...my baby's due date :o

Okay I started an F-100 while waiting for supplies via mail order!!

My wife is gonna kill me!

I haven't forgotten my other builds, but I was thinking about a 54mm Monogram Merite Figure. Would you want that sort of thing included here? They generally comprise three or four white metal parts, and a plastic base.

Yay or Nay?

I haven't forgotten my other builds, but I was thinking about a 54mm Monogram Merite Figure. Would you want that sort of thing included here? They generally comprise three or four white metal parts, and a plastic base.

Yay or Nay?

Yay :thumbsup

My wife Lori is building "The Creature from the Black Lagoon" so I have no issues with you wanting to build a Monogram figure kit.

I would think Spaced would have no objections as well.

MikeJ

Well, I'm "new" to this forum and haven't participated in any GBs yet, but this may be a good one for me to try. I'm a very slowwwww builder, no, I mean really slowwww, so I'll just try one to start. I'm torn between the B-25 (H or J ), or a P-61. I have some good aftermarket decals for each. I always wanted to do the whole 9 yard thing on either with rescribing et al, but it's never gonna happen, so it's time to just do it as they say. A quick Q concerning the following-

2. No extensive scratchbuilding or wholesale removal/rescribing of panel lines is to be allowed.

I'd like to maybe add the ignition harness on those big rads on either plane I choose, but I'd use stretched sprue fron the kit. Is that an acceptable mod? Gawd, it'd be nice to do more than one kit for this build, but I'll wait and see. :coolio:

McLents

2. No extensive scratchbuilding or wholesale removal/rescribing of panel lines is to be allowed.

I'd like to maybe add the ignition harness on those big rads on either plane I choose, but I'd use stretched sprue fron the kit. Is that an acceptable mod? Gawd, it'd be nice to do more than one kit for this build, but I'll wait and see. :blink:

McLents

Mclents

Welcome aboard.

I do not have any problems with stretched sprue ignition harness, but that is all.

MikeJ

Mclents

Welcome aboard.

I do not have any problems with stretched sprue ignition harness, but that is all.

MikeJ

Fantstic. Believe me, even just adding that little bit may end up being more than than I can do in such a restricted build time frame :o :blink:

McL

Hey guys,

I just stumbled upon this posting in an Internet search for B-26 info. Funny thing how this came about:

My best friend and modeling buddy was on the end-run of building the Hobbycraft F7U Cutlass and was stressed out over the fit issues. I had just finished an Hanriot Hd.1 from Eduard and spent six hours rigging it. We were BOTH frazzled.

So, I dropped him an e-mail suggesting (a) a "Buddy Build" in which we were each going to build the same kit and that (:) we build the Hasegawa F6F-3 Hellcat or some other kit that falls together as a break for both of us.

Well...by the time we got to talking about it over the phone, he suggested that we try to find one kit that we both owned and which we hadn't started. The only common kit we had was the old Monogram B-26 Marauder. He threw it out there and I bit.

We live in different states now, but vacation was coming up and we were headed "home" to his locale. It didn't take long for us to get together to do some modeling at his place. We have pulled out our respective "Widowmakers" and have started the build. Of course, if you have built this kit, you know about the fit issues, and I am now questioning my sanity, but I can't think of a better person with whom to undertake this effort.

As for me, I had planned to build the natural metal B-26-55-MA dubbed "Big Hairy Bird" and had found decals, but a not from the vendor has revealed that the decals (Eagle Strike DEcals) are out of production. Just as well. Getting this kit's finish nice enough to welcome Alclad II was a daunting task, but one I was willing to take to model my favorite B-26.

So...now I'm back on the hunt for a scheme....maybe something from the Pyn-up line.

Regardless, I'm gonna have fun and built this thing. The goal is for both of us to enter ScaleFest 2008 in Dallas.

Cheers & Happy Modeling.

http://centexmodelers.tripod.com/

Hey guys,

I just stumbled upon this posting in an Internet search for B-26 info. Funny thing how this came about:

My best friend and modeling buddy was on the end-run of building the Hobbycraft F7U Cutlass and was stressed out over the fit issues. I had just finished an Hanriot Hd.1 from Eduard and spent six hours rigging it. We were BOTH frazzled.

So, I dropped him an e-mail suggesting (a) a "Buddy Build" in which we were each going to build the same kit and that (:) we build the Hasegawa F6F-3 Hellcat or some other kit that falls together as a break for both of us.

Well...by the time we got to talking about it over the phone, he suggested that we try to find one kit that we both owned and which we hadn't started. The only common kit we had was the old Monogram B-26 Marauder. He threw it out there and I bit.

We live in different states now, but vacation was coming up and we were headed "home" to his locale. It didn't take long for us to get together to do some modeling at his place. We have pulled out our respective "Widowmakers" and have started the build. Of course, if you have built this kit, you know about the fit issues, and I am now questioning my sanity, but I can't think of a better person with whom to undertake this effort.

As for me, I had planned to build the natural metal B-26-55-MA dubbed "Big Hairy Bird" and had found decals, but a not from the vendor has revealed that the decals (Eagle Strike DEcals) are out of production. Just as well. Getting this kit's finish nice enough to welcome Alclad II was a daunting task, but one I was willing to take to model my favorite B-26.

So...now I'm back on the hunt for a scheme....maybe something from the Pyn-up line.

Regardless, I'm gonna have fun and built this thing. The goal is for both of us to enter ScaleFest 2008 in Dallas.

Cheers & Happy Modeling.

http://centexmodelers.tripod.com/

My first trip to this forum.

Didn't even know that Monogram was having a "Build". Well lucky us with those B-26's. So what we do when we get them done besides enjoy the memories? bj

:banana: Have a beer? "Clink"