:banana: OK, I'm just a wee bit ticked here...

Went to Aeromaster and ordered decals for "Big Hairy Bird", a rather colorful bare-metal B-26. Got a reply back that although the decals were on the web site (Eagle Strike Productions), they were no longer in prodcution. So, I search for #2 choice... Found it and it's $29.99 from MeteorProductions Pyn-Up decals. I just can't stomach thirty bucks for a sheet that only gives two marking options, regardless of the quality. I think that is excessive.

So, it's on to search for option #3...

:explode:

Edited by CenTexModeler

Welcome aboard gents. This GB is for everyone to have fun within the established ethos of the GB.

Bottom dollar is to have a blast building your chosen kit.

:banana:

MikeJ

Edited by madmike

Now this has me jazzed up!

Hi guys, I'm new here and just getting back into scale modeling

after a 20 year absence. :cheers:

I'd like to join this GB as it might keep me motivated

enough to actually complete a kit after all these years!

I noticed that no one has chosen a chopper yet.

I'd like to enter a 1/48 Monogram AH-1S Cobra ©1986

(I just hope all the parts are in the box...).

MVC-496F.jpg

MVC-497F.jpg

May add another if I finish this one. <_<

Thanks for the chance to participate.

David

Edited by 96Delta

This is What I needed to get me back into it. I haven't built a model in about 20 years either.

I have a few old monograms that have been stashed for far too long. I'm in with the 1/48 Me 262. Now I guess I better go and Get some supplies.

2007_0630_044103AA.jpg

Edited by oldeagle

I would like this to be my first Group Build....

all new models still in bags, built out of box-

-Monogram 1/48 MiG-15

-Revell Re-issue of the Monogram F-101 Voodoo ( i think i read someone else is doing the same reissue, i'm assuming its allowed)

-If i can, gonna throw in a 1/48 Monogram F-8 if it arrives in time from dann.

wish me luck, i'm gonna need it!!!!!!

:)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

This will be my 1st group build too. I will be building the standard AV-8B (won't be using the kit's resin nose for the Night Attack version, as that would deviate from the group build guidelines), and will be using the kit decals for VMA-311 Tomcats.

AV-8B.jpg

My kit came with a cracked canopy :( (I've written to Revell for replacement part, but for 5 months, I've got no replies from them :( ). I'll probably salvage the canopy from another Harrier built years ago that's sitting at my parent's home.

Hope to be able to complete this one!

Ben

Hi Mike,

Just to confirm that the deadline for the group build is 1 Nov 07, and not 1 Sept 07 :o Gasp!, I'll have to start on my Harrier, it's still in the box!

Ben

With a month to go, it hopefully has a short take off then :P

Looking forward to seeing the build unfold!

:(

MikeJ

I stumbled across a re-pop of the ancient M29 Weasel kit in my stash and got inspired. Look for pictures soon. Actually I think I will build 2 -- one OOTB for the group build, and one upgraded with the molded on tools, fittings, radio etc replaced.

• 5 weeks later...
-Monogram 1/48 MiG-15

-Revell Re-issue of the Monogram F-101 Voodoo ( i think i read someone else is doing the same reissue, i'm assuming its allowed)

-If i can, gonna throw in a 1/48 Monogram F-8 if it arrives in time from dann.

i don't think i can get the F-8 nor the Voodoo done. the mig will be done in time for sure. i've been busier with work than i planed. but thats life right.

i have also been concentrating on a new tomcat for a model show this month. so i have been building something! :)

sorry to go back on my intentions, i was a bit ambitious....

good luck to everyone else!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Update, I forgot to add this when I got the name change. Little Bird 117 is me X-RAY. I entered with a 1/48 spitfire or a P-40B. Either way they are about done, just got a few more things to paint on the suckers.

Jkae