This is the Inspiration thread. It's point is to share your previously built Monogram kits.

Finished kits are an inspiration for every one, and seeing these kits may bring a moment of enouragement to others as they work through their builds. I will post a few pics this evening of my pro-modeler P-40E built about 10 yrs ago.

Here's a few of mine from the past.

Mike

A pair of Monogram 1/48 F-106 Delta Darts I did a several years ago.

PICT1704.jpg

PICT1699.jpg

PICT1698.jpg

PICT1701.jpg

Monogram 1/48 F-4 Phantom II. I made a D model out of it.

PICT1694.jpg

Edited by P-38 guy

Ooooh...I missed this totally. Perhaps I need to get out more.

My P-6E Hawk. Cost me £2.

This was a beaut of a little kit, with the cabane struts and undercarriage legs already moulded as part of each fuselage half. Plus, the snazzy 'talons' on the spats were outlined by a very fine, raised line, which made painting the design so much easier. All oob, apart from some Aeroclub rigging thread.

247013774.jpg

247013772.jpg

247013771.jpg

247013769.jpg

Full build details here;

Unofficial Airfix Modellers Forum

Regards,

Bruce

• 2 weeks later...

My recently finished 1/48 F-111A made to look like and F-111E from the 27th TFW, Cannon AFB, NM. Look for the write-up in a few weeks here on ARC.

02.jpg

From a few years back, 1/48 F-20 Tigershark finished in the overal Ghost Gray Scheme.

01.jpg

Edited by SteveV22FE

I built this Monogram B-17 for the Heavies group build last year. The story of the real a/c accompanies the photos on that site. Changes to the kit were opening wing and nacelle vents/intakes, drooped elevators and substitution of Revell cowlings with 'open' cowl flaps. Thinking about doing another one for this build also.

495fbe69.jpg

• 5 months later...