This post is pretty much open to anything USMC related. Air, Land and Sea photos welcome. all you current and former Marines feel free to share any interesting sea stories (I guess this is were John can give up all the dirt on Dave :) ).

Semper Fi.

Edited by leatherneck224

here are some pics of aircraft from the various MAW-Decal sheets as well as some Marine aircraft i've built in the past.

48-MAW001, 72-MAW001, 32-MAW003

combat01_01.jpg

48-MAW001, 72-MAW001, 32-MAW001

bengals01_13.JPG

48-MAW004, 72-MAW001, 32-MAW001

VMFA_533_01_164959_06.JPG

72-MAW001

VMFA_533_05_164874_01.JPG

48-MAW002

VMFA_251_200_164871_20.JPG

48-MAW003, 72-MAW002, 32-MAW002

VMFA_122_01_164625_11.jpg

monof4ctonml3.jpg F-4N VMFA-531 (really a monogram F-4C, built long before the Hasegawa B/N came out)

dsc031266wp.jpg Lockheed PV-1 Ventura night fighter - VMF(N) 531 - 1943 Solomons - RarePlanes vacform kit, Owl decals.

f4nvmfa531c4ob.jpg VMFA-531 - USS Coral Sea - 1980 in the I.O.

f4nvmfa323oncatc2ci.jpg VMFA-323 - USS Coral Sea - 1980 in the I.O.

smoketrails17hp.jpg VMFA-531 - Expeditionary airfield 29 Palms California - 1981

c130interior3oo.jpg

Luxury air accomodations provided by Marine Air - VMGR-352. Non-stop flight from El Toro California to Tyndall AFB Florida in only 10 hours. Stretch out and enjoy the comfort of our first class aisle seats and be lulled to restful slumber by the peaceful drone of four turboprop engines...

f4nbentradar7rn.jpg

The results of losing a radome in flight. The radar was fine after an antenna swap and the antenna was back in supply after the reflector was changed. We were amazed at how little damage was done.

The radome, however, was toast. They found it in the backcountry of Camp Pendelton.

f4nbentradome8lb.jpg

This post is pretty much open to anything USMC related. Air, Land and Sea photos welcome. all you current and former Marines feel free to share any interesting sea stories (I guess this is were John can give up all the dirt on Dave :P ).

Semper Fi.

Oh c'mon! I'd never publically give up dirt on Echo-Six-Romeo. Now if we're in a bar, and you wear or once wore the EGA (Devil Docs included), it would only take a Long Island for my lips to start a-flappin. :cheers:

Oh c'mon! I'd never publically give up dirt on Echo-Six-Romeo. Now if we're in a bar, and you wear or once wore the EGA (Devil Docs included), it would only take a Long Island for my lips to start a-flappin. :yahoo:

John , ALL you need to do is get off you 6 and finish a KIT!!!!!!!and stop bumping your lips. :)

Edited by SSgtd6152

Easy now 6-Delta. People are gonna get the false impression that I don't work 50+ hour work weeks including weekends as well as being on-call for whatever BS alarm system decides to act up between 1700 and 0900.

FYI - The last 6 kits I finished weren't for myself and the last 3 completed were turned over to people who are here on ARC.

Easy now 6-Delta. People are gonna get the false impression that I don't work 50+ hour work weeks including weekends as well as being on-call for whatever BS alarm system decides to act up between 1700 and 0900.

FYI - The last 6 kits I finished weren't for myself and the last 3 completed were turned over to people who are here on ARC.

BLAA,BLAA,BLAA, :doh: I work too, and I do not have a issue.

Hay, I'm not going to make it next weekend. I've got to go TAD with the home CO.

Okay Ghost531's posts out of CAX pics has prompted me to post my own.

VMFA-134 - Expeditionary airfield 29 Palms CAX??-96

SmokeSunset.jpg

VMA-542 - Expeditionary airfield 29 Palms CAX??-97

CAXTiger.jpg

VMFA(AW)-224 Expeditionary airfield 29 Palms CAX??-97

BengalSunset.jpg

K-Bay memories!

Sunset at Pohokuloa Training Area (PTA). Kinda interesting view above the clouds.

PTASunset.jpg

-165 Frog turning up for a range sweep at PTA. The BN S-3 wanted to be on the morning range sweep. He needed a driver, I had a highback and I got back early from morning chow. My shopchief was cool with it, so S-3 got his driver and I got to take overhead pics of my buds' fighting holes in the morning light. "Hey! Where's Bibay?"

PTA165.jpg

A sight never to be repeated again. VMFA-235s Hornets on the K-Bay ramp.

K-Bay235.jpg

Edited by John Bibay
  • 4 weeks later...

oorah gents

im stationed on pendleton here in ca. im a tracker by mos. the other day the 15 meu returned and all the helos were flying in formation like something out of apacolypse now. i noticed the cobras had exhuast cover or something over their engines. the extended and pointed outboard. looked like something new. anyways i hope to be able to take part in the group build. waiting on my hornet in the mail. thanks

yat yas

started this one last year and finally got it finished this after noon.

Revell 1/48 kit out of box(i think, at least i don't remember using any aftermarket) with Microscale decals.

A-6E_Intruder_VMAAW-224_001.JPG

A-6E_Intruder_VMAAW-224_003.JPG

A-6E_Intruder_VMAAW-224_007.JPG

A-6E_Intruder_VMAAW-224_010.JPG

A-6E_Intruder_VMAAW-224_012.JPG

• 2 months later...