I will post some pics when I get home tonight from work. I am building the 1/48 F-4C with Super Scale decals for the Lousianna Air National Guard, affectionately known as (and painted across the tail) The Coon-@ss Militia!

I will be trying some creative painting on this bird, such as faking in the depth of the intakes with paint, and using paint and masking to add detail to the exhaust pipes.

The cockpit will be ootb, with creative painting and use of Mike Grant dials to spiff up the panels.

This one will be fun!

• 2 weeks later...

Cool,

looking forward to seeing this one, I have the kits with the fret of PE parts in the stash with some Minnesota ANG decals to go on it.

I can't understand why people go all crazy over the Hasegawa F-4C when the monogram one is so good.

Julien

I can't understand why people go all crazy over the Hasegawa F-4C when the monogram one is so good.

Julien

Neither can I. The Monogram kit is every bit as good, and in many places better than the Hasegawa F-4C. I hope my build will help illustrate this point.

Chequebook Modelling Syndrome (CMS)

:P

That's funny! I'm not sure I quite like Hasegawa kits. Every one I've built has fit issues, mostly due to their modular molds. I understand why they do that, BUT, if I'm going to have to putty, fill, and sand, I'd just rather save $20 and buy a Monogram kit. And it'll actually come with bombs and missiles. :)

:rofl:

Mike