Hasegawa JASDF's PHANTOM re-release

Hi Folks,

I couldn't believe my eyes this morning BUT HOBBY SEARCH is restocking the very very rare F-4EJ BLUE CAMO of the 8th squadron in 48th scale... :)

Mine is already reserved !

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10037780

Good shopping everyone !

C6

I saw that and was tempted :)

If only they would do 1/72 re-release then i'd be more than tempted.

Feel sorry for the people that fell into the ebay bidding trap a few weeks ago and paying X hundreds of dollars for these bad boys!

Might just reserve one for the hell of it, anything japanese and I might one day have the space to get modelling in 1/48 :)

Matt

I saw that and was tempted :)

If only they would do 1/72 re-release then i'd be more than tempted.

Feel sorry for the people that fell into the ebay bidding trap a few weeks ago and paying X hundreds of dollars for these bad boys!

Might just reserve one for the hell of it, anything japanese and I might one day have the space to get modelling in 1/48 :)

Matt

I agree with u Wezra...I think we were on the same biddings the last days on eBay and i've been disappointed by the prices of some limited issues of HASEGAWA'S F-15 Js... !!! More than 80 us dollars for just a special decal sheet is .....crazy !

Have a nice day.

C6

How good is this kit from a fit and accuracy perspective? Certainly the blue on blue camo pattern is awesome but how is the kit itself?

Thanks.

-Greg

How good is this kit from a fit and accuracy perspective? Certainly the blue on blue camo pattern is awesome but how is the kit itself?

The kit is based on the F-4 family from Hasegawa, with specific parts to make it an EJ Kai. Only 1/48 Kai out there that I know of, the Hase F-4 family is considered the best of the availble F-4 kits.

Recessed panel lines, overall good fit, but since the kit design is modular, there can be some alignment 'bugs', nothing too serious, I've built 3 Hase Phantoms with 39 in the stash, and there's no fit problems out of the ordinary with the kits.

Does anyone know of HLJ is going to carry the kit or is it exclusive to 1999?

(nothing against 1999, I'm just used to ordering from HLJ)

Ken

The kit is based on the F-4 family from Hasegawa, with specific parts to make it an EJ Kai. Only 1/48 Kai out there that I know of, the Hase F-4 family is considered the best of the availble F-4 kits.

Recessed panel lines, overall good fit, but since the kit design is modular, there can be some alignment 'bugs', nothing too serious, I've built 3 Hase Phantoms with 39 in the stash, and there's no fit problems out of the ordinary with the kits.

Ken

If it were a true re-release then I would imagine HLJ would carry it. If its a fortunate restock, might only 1999. HLJ had that with a DJ aggressor a few months back, suddenly back in stock, but the only place in the world with the stock. I should have ordered two! Were out of stock near instantly, thankfully got one at least :cheers:

Matt

Hannants are listing it, but it's not showing up on Dragon USA, HLJ or LM yet.

Kai

No great surprise as Hasegawa frequently rerelease some of the more popular boxings and looking at EBay I'd call this one popular,

<_<

Gary

funny... I could have SWORE I saw it on Dragon Models USA website for the last 2 weeks or so... I guess they must have took it off

I thought I'd seen it there! Couldn't spot it and assumed it must have been at Hannants, maybe it's been pulled already...

Gary

"Hundreds of dollars"? Are you frakin' serious?!?!

I've got one of those kits and I was going to sell it for $60 along with a JASDF F-4 book!

"Hundreds of dollars"?

HOLY CRAP!!! I had no idea it was rare, I picked one up at the LHS, and did it up in special markings. The model was at the store, untouched and unloved for YEARS!!!!

Thats what happens when you build these dang things!! :nanner:

"Hundreds of dollars"? Are you frakin' serious?!?!

I've got one of those kits and I was going to sell it for $60 along with a JASDF F-4 book!

"Hundreds of dollars"?

John

I saw two of them sell for over $250.00 USD a piece on eBay about 6 weeks ago. I was amazed. My buddy Jim found one at the LHS for 40 bucks during that same timeframe!!

Too bad Hasegawa only "upgrades" or changes the decals. :yahoo:

It would be nice if they added a small sprue of Japanese weapons and ECM pods, or other Japanese-specific underwing stores.

Larry Engesath

Ken

me also waiting for this to be available in HLJ.. same reason as Ken there...

will be a nice addition to the Blue camo F-2B released recently ;)

kuman

Hey guys,

Even if it's ....a re-re-release and there's anything "new" in the box u should seriously consider it if you're a JASDF ADDICT.....as me B)

U don't have twice such a "luck" in life

Now I'm waiting for a re-re-release of the Senkyo's markings on the F-15 J's

C6

What puzzles me-these "rare" kits considered rare for their decals only.

Why no decal manufacturer does any of these "rare" Japanese schemes and saves us

a few bucks?As I understand,there's also a certain F-15J with the bird like painting

on the who;e top surface,right?

Decal makers-are you there?

What puzzles me-these "rare" kits considered rare for their decals only.

Why no decal manufacturer does any of these "rare" Japanese schemes and saves us

a few bucks?As I understand,there's also a certain F-15J with the bird like painting

on the who;e top surface,right?

Decal makers-are you there?

Regarding the rarity, F-4EJ Kai kits are a harder to find than the EJ kits, took me a while to find mine.

I know that Platz has done several sheets with special schemes on them, they did the F-15J with the Mount Fuji and cheery blossom scheme on top, but Platz sheets are hard to find outside of Japan, and in my experience are sold out in Japan by the time I read about them, I think Platz must print 5 of each sheet. :boohoo:

Ken