You'll need a pic hosting site-I use http://imageshack.us/ , but there are quite a few options. Once you've downloaded the pic, enter it with the little image icon in your reply window. Once you get the hang of it, you'll be showing pics all the time :huh:

Ken

Another option for photots is www.photobucket.com. Upload the pic, then just copy and past the [/img] address under the pic into your ARC post, and presto! Your pictures are shared.

I hope this or the other suggestion helps, and I look forward to seeing your SPAD.

• 3 weeks later...

Ahhhh the work continues. Ihad some issues with the gloss coat with orange peeling but got it buffed out and used Future with better results. I used the kit decal and man are they thick!! I'm hoping they conform with a little Solvaset.

More pics to follow...

If you use the {img}image address{/img} tags, then your pics will be displayed within your posts.

Like so

IMG_4343.jpg

Just replace the curly brackets with square ones :explode:

:angry:

MikeJ

Looks very, very nice! Is that Tamiya Navy Blue from the spray can? It looks like the color I used on my F9F-2. Either way, its spot on for a overall sea blue plane.

Thanks It's Model Master Dark Sea Blue from a bottle. I lightened it a little with some white and airbrushed it.

Looks great. I've got my eye on a few on E-bay right now. Does this kit come with complete underwing stores or just the few things shown on the box?

:lol:

Mike

It's a great kit and pretty much falls together! It comes with the three tanks an a bunch of the bombs with te elongated fuse necks (I think they're called Daisy Cutters) and some rocket launchers. So pretty much what you see on the box top.

One BIG warning...Avoid the decals. They're thick, the glue is dark yellow and very visible and to add insult to serious injury, my "504" cowl numbers crinkled like bacon when I tried to use decal solvent and much like bacon didin't "un-crinkle"!!!

Thanks It's Model Master Dark Sea Blue from a bottle. I lightened it a little with some white and airbrushed it.

I wondered about that too. I also use MM Dark Sea Blue, but it always comes out too dark (it almost looks black in some types of lighting).

Thanks for the info about what comes in the box. Sorry to hear about your decals! I've generally had good luck with "vintage" Monogram decals, although once in a while they've been bad (like on my 1/72 Bearcat).

:cheers:

Mike

• 1 month later...

here's a better shot

IMG_4551.jpg

There are a bunch of minor touch ups that I discover only after taking a pic and looking it over ( it's amazing how many goofs you can spot just in a picture of your kit) and I'll have to add the exhaust stains but other then that, she's almost done!!!!

Edited by jotter