Well this is what I will be working on. Have only done some cutting and cleaning of some of the parts, but due to some new furniture in my hobby room this weekend have not gotten far.

This will be a fairly quick build being out of the box with the exception of the decals. I will try to get some progress pics by next weekend.

This kit is old as dirt, thats why the box looks the way it does.

DSCF3016.jpg

Regards,

Robert

Good luck on that build! I wish I could find that boxing...I have a Mig-15 in the newer boxing (twin kit w/F-86) I hope to get to.

Justin

Hey Justin,

I to have the Combo set, that is where the 2nd Mig-15 I will be building will come from along with the F-86. Other than the decals, the kits are identical. But as you can tell from the box ( water damage ) the decals are not usable or at this point reconizable! :huh:

Good Luck on your build as well.

Regards,

Robert

• 1 month later...

Here is the completed cockpit. I have already installed it, but have't had a chance to take pictures of the assembled fuse. The cockpit is fairly simple and gave me no complications. I painted everything in Testors MM paints sealed with Future and Micro Scale flat. The dial faces were hit with a drop of Future to give it the glass look. Before I gave pit the Flat coat, I did some drybrushing and a small amount of wash using Burnt Umber Model Master paint diluted with Testors airbrush thinner.

Hope you like it.

Mig15build003.jpg

Mig15build002.jpg

Mig15build001.jpg

Regards,

Robert

Looks good so far. I would have though though, that the cockpit colour was a bit more blue?

Still, I do have an Aeromaster Warbird Acrylic called "Soviet Cockpit Green" which is even greener than what you have painted yours as.

Confusing :)

:)

MikeJ

Thanks Mike! I looked at several pictures and compared them to what Testors offered and this color looked to be the closest to what my reference showed. Note that the pictures didn't come out that well and the pit doesn't look that green, it has more of a blues hue to it than what the pictures shows. I have to work on my pictures.

Regards,

Robert

• 4 weeks later...

hi, i just got that exact same kit in the mail 2 days ago! i'm excited about building mine as well. i haven't started it yet b/c of finding decent references for the cockpit color....was thinking of going with something very similar to yours...

this kit can't take that long...just a few parts. now i need a f-86 to go beside it!

have fun w/building two of them...