Well, here's the B-36 so far. I've already encountered three problems.

1. The right fuselage half was badly warped, so I had to use quite a bit of force to align the interior decks and nose gun. The warped part also has produced a pretty good step along the seam. :doh:

2. I need about 10 arms, 8 to hold the darn thing with the other two work. :P

3. I need to buy more glue after cementing the fuselage halves together! :lol:

b-36_1.jpg

But man, am I having fun with this thing!

:salute:

Mike

I have to ask... where in the world are you going to put that thing when your done? :D

I built my display case big enough for one to fit but it is so full now I would have to find new homes for 10-20 models to make room for the beast. :)

Mike

I have to ask... where in the world are you going to put that thing when your done?

I'm building it gear-up precisely because I have no shelf for it! :D

I have a 1/72 bomber/recon collection hanging from my ceiling in my den, so I'm going to hang it with the others. Luckily the kit gives the option of gear-up. I'm also building it with the bomb bay closed. The bombs looked too small.

:)

Mike

Holy Snikees! :) You may get the nod for biggest kit in the build!

Bloody hell!

I thought my B-1B was going to be one of the biggest builds, but your build is going to top the lot of us!

This is what the Monogram GB is all about, builds from the littlest 1:72 bipe to gi-normous SAC bombers :D

Excellent stuff :)

:)

MikeJ

Edited by madmike
Do you have any interior shots?

No, no interior shots, as there really isn't any except for a very simplified nose. The four crew members on the top deck pretty much fill the entire space, and since I'm hanging it I'm not doing any detail work. I don't think you'd be able to see anything anyway even sitting on a shelf once it's all closed up and windows in place.

The only other interior area that's potentially visible is the bomb bay, but I'm building it closed as the bombs didn't look very good.

If you're gonna do this big bird you must use foil! Come Oooonnnnnn!

Looks good! :)

No, no foil. My first use of foil is on another current build: Monogram's "First Lunar Landing" which I'm doing for the GB but more importantly as a father's day gift for my Dad. I hate it! :wub:

;)

Mike

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi guys. No, it's no done! :blink:

My travel schedule this summer took a huge bite out of my model building time. Plus, I wanted to get the Lunar Landing kit done (my other entry in the GB) in time to give it to my Dad for Fathers Day.

The wings are ready to go on, but that's the part I'm waiting on. Once that happens, the thing becomes so huge that it'll be nearly impossible to work with on my bench currently. So, I need to do some table-clearing. Not looking like I'll get it done in time, but I'll get it done sometime this fall.

:D

Mike