Ok everyone, the official I built it!! thread is now open for business.

Please post no more than three (800 x 600 maximum resolution) images of your completed builds here.

:thumbsup:

MikeJ

Here is Shawn "Phantom" Weiler's first entry (what if build) and the

first entry completed for the Monogram Group build.

OOB as per rules, Starfighter and Freedom fighter decals from Leading

edge. Hasegawa spare data decals on a Canadian 1970s style cam.

Did it up as a 433 porcupine bird. One of Canada's (at that time) CF-5

squadrons.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

Well done Shawn!!

:cheers:

MikeJ

Well, everyone, I've finished the FW-190A. It was my first ever airbrushed mottling scheme, and I have to say I'm a little bit pleased at how that turned out, considering it was my first time. It'll be good practice for my Tamiya kit. The alignment on the landing gear is a little bit off and the tail section is a little warped, but this was a good low stress practice build after my "Netz". Now on to the P-40.

DSCF0032.jpg

DSCF0029.jpg

DSCF0027.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Shawn "Phantom" Weiler's second entry.

1/48 Monogram CF-101 Voodoo using Canmilair ALPS decals. This is the 409 squadron show bird from 1977, during that squadrons 25th anniversary.

jpg1.JPG

jpg2.JPG

jpg3.JPG

Edited by madmike

Here's my "First Lunar Landing" in 1/48 scale. Straight from the box, including using the gold foil that came with it. :angry: Here's a tip: don't bother with it, as the adhesive on it is useless, except for making sure that Microscale Foil Adhesive doesn't work! aaargh.

The base was sprayed Dark Gull Gray and the shadows were painted Scale Black... basically black with a bit of white mixed in (the flash from the camera makes it look lighter than it is).

Edit: forgot that the footprints were done with a scale black wash.

I'm giving it to my Dad for Father's Day.

lunar7.jpg

lunar10.jpg

lunar9.jpg

Mike

Edited by mlicari

The Monogram Albatross.......in 1/72 scale.

DSC03240-vi.jpg

DSC03241-vi.jpg

DSC03238-vi.jpg

Everything you see (except the paint) came out of the box. Antennas and static discharce wicks are stretched sprue from the parts trees. Decals are from the kit and were the worst part of it!

Hey great moon base Mike! Base, shadows, foil and it all comes together for a sweet look.....cool

I'll have to keep that kit in mind during my next tour through a vendor room. Now that the Albatross is done I can take some time to appreciate the rest of these builds......

Hey great moon base Mike! Base, shadows, foil and it all comes together for a sweet look.....cool

Thanks! Nice job on the Albatross! I've been really wanting to get one, but they're starting to go for quite a bit on e-bay. The version I'm really looking for was the version with the Coast Guard decals. Last time I saw it though it was pushing $50.

Mike

Thanks! Nice job on the Albatross! I've been really wanting to get one, but they're starting to go for quite a bit on e-bay. The version I'm really looking for was the version with the Coast Guard decals. Last time I saw it though it was pushing $50.

:worship:

Mike

Coast Guard decals is the other option on the decal sheet. A red and white bird based at Annette Alabama. If I ever feel the need to do another I would sand off all of the rivets, paint it red and white with Tamiya sprays and give the decals 2 coats of Micro Superfilm before using them.

Coast Guard decals is the other option on the decal sheet.

I noticed that on your pic of the kit before you started. All I can seem to find though is the release that comes with just the USAF declas. :crying2:

Mike

Declaring completion of my Wright Flyer. Stated scale 1/48 - calculated scale 1/39.

That's genuine volcanic sand from Tenerife.

And here she is flying - with Orville at the controls :lol:, and Wilbur showing us his bald patch :wave:

Monogram_WF_flying4.jpg

And now the parked post - using all the ground equipment included in the kit.

Monogram_WF_parked3.jpg

Monogram_WF_parked2.jpg

Tim signing off :D.