Declaring completion of my Wright Flyer. Stated scale 1/48 - calculated scale 1/39.

That's genuine volcanic sand from Tenerife.

And here she is flying - with Orville at the controls :banana:, and Wilbur showing us his bald patch :coolio:

And now the parked post - using all the ground equipment included in the kit.

Nice job on the Wright Flyer! I like the flying wires, that musta took some work, And nice job on Wilbur's bald spot!!

• 2 weeks later...

First one's done-Monogram F6F-5 Hellcat-in flight:

F6F015.jpg

And on the deck:

F6F020.jpg

F6F021.jpg

When I was a kid, I had the biggest sandbox in town-a boomerang shaped pond in the backyard surrounded by sand and sandburrs. There were 3 ideal locations for airbases-one was "Allied", one was Japanese and one was German. This would've been perfect on the Allied field, next to the Avenger.

Other than decals (From a Fujimi kit-not the Arii kit as I first suspected) and painting the top Glossy Sea Blue, this was done just as the instructions called for. Love that colorful ordnance, huh? But after looking at this, I've decided the Helldiver will be just a bit more advanced. Love the trip down memory lane, but I'm sick of explaining that this one wasn't supposed to be good... When they're both done, I'll slap that ME-109E together (disqualified for the build-the fin is broken and I'll have to scratchbuild a replacement) and ship all 3 off to my 6 year old nephew. 'tis his turn to wreck some model airplanes in his sandbox ;)

Ken

Well here is my first model in about 20 years the Monogram 1-48 me 262. Any advice or critiques are welcome.

Things I learned, airbrushing skills don't necessarily stay with you, decals get old, and I remember how fun this hobby really is.

2007_0704_064847AA.jpg

Hey guys,

I just finished her up and thought I'd put her here for everyone to see.

I back dated the kit to "represent" F-111A Research, Development, Test and Evaluation aircraft #1 - 63-9766

Back dating was pretty simple. It involved narrowing the fuel dump area, and a paint job. The exhaust nozzles are WAY TOO LONG, so I shortened those to a most acceptable length. See the build thread if you would like to see more.

Hope you guys like.......today was the perfect weather for photographing her.

F-111A_1.jpg

F-111A_2.jpg

F-111A_3.jpg

F-111A_4.jpg

Edited by SteveV22FE

Guys, these are all fantastic builds and represent what our Monogram GB is all about.

Well done everyone. I only wish I had picked a FAR simpler build for my entry as the sheer size of the B-1B is daunting.

:P

MikeJ

Although there is a smidgen of masking bleed on the upper/lower camo demarkation line forward of the cockpit.

OH MAN, thanks for telling me. I never noticed that! I'll get right on it and fix it! I read somewhere not to long ago, that you notice small imperfections on your models when you look at pictures of them, well it holds true! Thanks for pointing that out, guess I didn't notice it during the building process.

SLICK

oldeagle!

Turned out great! Nice job after all these years!

I hope this has started you on a whole new start on this fabulous hobby.

I'm gonna try an old Monogram Me-262 (all I'm building is Monogram atm) as

my next build. Plan to try my hands...and eyes...on my first attempt at rescribing.

Anyway, nice job on your Storm Bird!

Whats your next kit gonna be?

In Christ,

David

Well here is my first model in about 20 years the Monogram 1-48 me 262. Any advice or critiques are welcome.

Things I learned, airbrushing skills don't necessarily stay with you, decals get old, and I remember how fun this hobby really is.

2007_0704_064847AA.jpg

Edited by 96Delta

96Delta

Thanks, and you are right I have the bug again. I have an old 1/32 Hasegawa Spitfire Mk VI High altitude fighter that I have started on. I have spent the last two weeks scribing the panel lines. I'm looking forward to seeing your effort.

To all,

Your work is masterful and I can't get enough of looking at all these great builds

Oldeagle

Great stuff here guys!

I've built most of these when they first came out.......long ago :rofl:

.....and when I do an Me 262 it will be with the Monogram kit which compares favorably with the Tamiya in my eyes. I all ready have a bunch of goodies in the Mono box just waiting for me to spend time on it!

I remember building that Mosquito in my best friend's basement and brush painting it with little square bottles of Testors paint.

Good memories here! :banana:

Here's My F-106 I built OOB apart from the Falcon Missiles which are from the Haseagawa wepaons set, markings are for the 48th Fighter Intercept Sqn.

Finished1LeftFront.jpg

Finished5Right.jpg

Finished9Underside.jpg

Finished2LeftRear.jpg

Julien

ps. Steve I really love that F-111 :thumbsup:

Edited by Julien (UK)

Here are a few pics of my recently (yesterday) completed build. Have yet to learn a good method for attaching an antenna wire, any help would be appreciated. I picked up the decals at a local hobby shop. They`re from the Superscale kit No. 48-1050, not really for this kit but they worked out fine except for the cowl stripe, which was 1/2 inch too short. I messed it up anyway while applying it and wound up mixing some Tamiya Green & Tamiya Park Green to get as close as I could.

f4u4a.jpg

f4u4c.jpg

Edited by 12stringz