:thumbsup: Looks real good!

Ya know, if you didn't mention it, I would have never known that

you had to paint the cowl stripe. You nailed the color from where

I'm sitting. Good job!

David

Thanks for the kind words, David. The decals depict the Marine Training Squadron VMT-1 at Cherry Point from 1951. I just wanted something other than the kit supplied ones. They`re still for an F4U-4 but I`m not too sure how accurate it is with the weapons load installed.

Hey, this one was to get my feet wet and get back into building models. It`s been a while since my F-14 from the movie "Top Gun"!

George

• 2 weeks later...
Very nice Harrier!

DarylH, what size drill bit are you using for the holes to run the antena wire through?

SLICK

I had no idea so I just went upstairs and measured it.....it measures .017" I don't know what that translates to in gauge sizes but it's in a small pin vise and I treat it with much care so I don't break it.

• 1 month later...

Here's my last build-Monogram 1/48 F4U-4, Revell boxing:

F4U-4021.jpg

F4U-4015.jpg

F4U-4023.jpg

Decals are robbed from an Eagle Strike sheet and seem to be from a USS Yorktown bird from 1945. The working features work (obviously :beer4: ), but I didn't find out that the wheels don't quite fit in the wheel wells until I took the pic. Ferry tanks and rockets are probably not the ideal load-out either, but it does "busy it up" a bit. As mentioned in the build thread, no finish coats on this-it's prone to fingerprints, but I like the way it looked after decals too much to take a chance of further complications. The pilot will just have to wear his sunglasses, I guess :lol:

Ken

C-47A "Kilroy is Here" from the 92 TCS/439 TCG at Devon, UK, June 6, 1944

C-47A_1.jpg

C-47A_3.jpg

C-47A_4.jpg

C-47A_5.jpg

C-47A_6.jpg

C-47A_2.jpg

This kit is truly a Monogram Classic. The date on the kit says 1978, almost 30 years and I think it holds up well.

Thanks,

Mark

I think this was the only motor-car in the Monogram Classics Group Build.

Realisically I should have finished this done in about a fortnight and gone on to make other models, but being a slack and idle modeller with a giant internet habit, I'm not quite done here at full time.

285901829.jpg

285901834.jpg

285901832.jpg

The paint ran, I had to beg glass from another participant, thanks DarylH, the decals were hard and translucent, but all 4 wheels are on the ground on a flat surface. Good fun, not great fun mind, good.

Thanks to all.

Regards,

Grant

;) It's getting near closing time and the good stuff is coming in :banana:

Great ride Grant! I always liked that GT 350. I have all the goodies to do Mark Donohue's national championship car some day.

Mark's C-47 is very well done :blink:

Steve's Do335 looks as well as any Tamiya that I've seen done :salute:

and Wyman's antique Corsair kit looks great ........and still has foldable wings!

I made an effort to push a P-38 across the finish line but my frail father-in-law came first last weekend. I still have today and tomorrow but it's not likely I'll finish.........

30-10-07

Miller SNJ...finished at last!!

profile_finishes.jpg

top_finishes.jpg

bottom_finishes.jpg

Just squeaking in there as I had to put it on the back burner to geT my Telford project going...

I have to say..it's a lovely kit, striking scheme but strangley heavy...no weights put in it, but it's a heavy model!! :thumbsup:

Liam