I saw this today at my LHS. I don't hawk releases like some people, but I have never heard of this one. Is it new? I know there is a 1/48 version and there used to be some 1/144 kits. Box art was European I.

The ROG B-1 is just the Monogram one re-boxed. They did both a 1/72 and the 1/48. There is a tread on here about building the B-1. There are some accuracy issues, especially if you want to build a current one.

Aaron

Actually, the 1/48 B-1B was originally a Revell USA tooling while the 1/72 kit was a Monogram tooling. The 1/48 kit came out at around the time that Revell and Monogram were both bought by the same investors. The brands just didn't fully merge until about 10 to 12 years later. Accuracy wise, the 1/48 kit is more accurate then the 1/72 kit. But it is also a monster and most of the problems with the 1/72 kit can be overcome easily. The ones that can't easily be overcome aren't really worth worrying about IMHO since not everyone can spot them. Compared to the only other 1/72 B-1B kit that Airfix offered, the Monogram kit is a better one to start with.

Actually, the 1/48 B-1B was originally a Revell USA tooling while the 1/72 kit was a Monogram tooling. The 1/48 kit came out at around the time that Revell and Monogram were both bought by the same investors. The brands just didn't fully merge until about 10 to 12 years later. Accuracy wise, the 1/48 kit is more accurate then the 1/72 kit. But it is also a monster and most of the problems with the 1/72 kit can be overcome easily. The ones that can't easily be overcome aren't really worth worrying about IMHO since not everyone can spot them. Compared to the only other 1/72 B-1B kit that Airfix offered, the Monogram kit is a better one to start with.

If you call that "easy" then what is "hard"? :) It sure was hard enough for me.

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index....520&hl=bone

See also In-Progress-link.