So, which markings are you going to use?

The Poll came out tops for the 48th FIS, I have the Detail & Scale sheet for the Aircraft "Thunderchicken" so I will do that one. I also have a picture of this aircraft which helps a well.

Dont worry I have more 106's in the stash for the other decal sheets. ;)

Julien

Edited by Julien (UK)

Here is the lastest pic. I have done the gear wells and the missile bay, plus the main door.

I painted humbrol green then xtracolour zinc cromate green over the top. With the gear doors and few well worn places I rubbed back a little to the green underneath. A dry brush of silver, then picked out the detail in colours followed by a raw senna/burnt umber mix wash. The bottom pic is after the missile rails were in, a shame they cover up a bit of the detail.

F-106ConstComp.jpg

Thanks to the guys for pointing me to some walk around sites. It amazing how well detailed monogram did this, its going to be shame to put the missiles in and cover some of it up.

Julien

Edited by Julien (UK)

Here is the cockpit, seat and instrument panel done. To be honest you cant see much of this when its closed up which is a shame. Given how much you can see I cant understand why people try and put a blackbox cockpit in here.

F-106ConstCockpit.jpg

Julien

Edited by Julien (UK)
  • 2 weeks later...

Quick update, no pics sorry.

Now at the putty / sand / check repeat as necc stage! There is the main seam down the middle, the side seams and the intakes. Intakes not as good as I had hoped for fit wise!

Julien

• 3 weeks later...

Here is the latest, main body painted and 2 coats of future. Now going to do the anti glare pannel and the BMF bits. As I said the seams were not to bad but the intakes, well thats another story.

F-106Const6.jpg

Cheers,

Julien

• 3 weeks later...

Latest on the F-106, would you credit having to use 4 decal sheets to get where I want!

Detail & scale for the 48th FIS Markings, Eaglestrike insigna for the Stars & Bars, Kit sheet for some stencils and the US AIR FORCE markings, plus Superscale sheet for USAF tags and some more stencils :thumbsup:

F-106Const7.jpg

Julien