The let's pester Joseph thread

Let's try and give Joseph of Fireball Modelworks (as he's the only one I know of who makes am for helos, now that Cobra Co. is taking a break) an indication of what we would like to see released as aftermarket options, and in which scale we want them.

Personally I'd like to see (in 1/72):

AH-64D Longbow Apache conversion(for any 1/72 Apache really, but from what I hear Academys is the best one - and since there's no proper Longbow in the scale, it might as well be for an A-model))

AH-64D-I Saraf conversion (see AH-64D request)

AH-64A Peten conversion (see AH-64D request)

Stencils for Apache

HH-65 Dolphin correction set / conversion (for Matchbox/Revell kit)

AS.565 Panther conversion (MB/RoG)

EC.725 Caracal conversion for RoG Cougar kit

MH-68 Stingray conversion for RoG A.109

Decals for Danish EH-101 Mk.512 Merlin Joint Supporter (SAR version for now, since the TTTs were sent back to the RAF)

All for now, but I bet I'll think of more later.

:cheers:

Edit:Fireball Modelworks website

Edited by hatchet
Guest LITTLE BIRD 117

Hmmm........ O, I know!

1. I can give a walkaround and some exterior shots of an MH-47G and a CH-47D(a little different from other -47's). oh ya, in 1/72nd too.

2. A 1/72 MH-60K update set.

3. 1/48 MH-68 update/detail set.

Edited by LITTLE BIRD 117
Where were all the "I want.." people when Cobra Company needed the business??

Building in a different scale (1/72) from what he had products that interests me in. While I am saddened tha CC seems to be closing up shop, I'm not going to use my somewhat limited funds on products that are not in my scale or holds no interest for me.

I'll probably regret that, when it starts to sell at exhorbitant prices on Ebay.

Oh, I do have the 1/72 OD markings for the SOAR MH-60s, even if I did get them in a trade here.

The idea here is to give some pointers to Joseph, and whoever else there might be, some pointers for where peoples interests might be. He can use them if he like. I know I would buy most of the things I've listed in my post and those I'm not sure about would almost certainly be picked up by someone else.

;)

Edited by hatchet

I'll second the HH-65 and MH-68 set. The MH-68 conversion could double as an A109E Power conversion (for some reason Revell decided that when they were producing their A109, to not make it the most popular and widespread version)...

How about a USMC UH-1N update set in 1/72 (similar to Cobra's 1/48 set)?

NYPD decals for the 1/72 Italeri Bell 412 (I've already mentioned this to him).

CDF firefighter decals for the UH-1H.

AH1W;

Ultimately companies survive by producing products that people want to buy. Why wouldn't any company want to hear from its most likely market what they want to see?

I'd love to see an updated interior for the 1/48 Trumpeter HH-65 to go along with the other items Joseph has put out for the kit in the last month or so. I know Cobra Co. was considering it before they closed up.

Edited by David Walker
I'll second the HH-65 and MH-68 set. The MH-68 conversion could double as an A109E Power conversion (for some reason Revell decided that when they were producing their A109, to not make it the most popular and widespread version)...

AH1W;

Ultimately companies survive by producing products that people want to buy. Why wouldn't any company want to hear from its most likely market what they want to see?

Have a look at the Fireball site. Joseph has the UH-1H firefighter decals planned as a future release as well as the Arctic Cobra which should look pretty special when done up.

Rich

Please make sure you support him if he makes what you want, so he doesn't go the route of Cobra Company

Exactly. Buy some of the stuff he's selling now. Joseph's inventory is growing, but I don't think most of the people here have any knowledge about or can appreciate just how much time is involved with laying out artwork for decals (I don't want to even think about casting resin).

Frankly, I don't see why any resin manufacturer would heed the whimsical helo wish lists posted here....

Where were all the "I want.." people when Cobra Company needed the business??

Amen that!

Because a few people on a single message board is not exactly representative of the entire market.

DPD1 over on FSM said it best when discussing this topic over there...

As a person who also has a couple online businesses (non model), I can relate to how difficult and frustrating it can be. People often wonder why so many companies have gone to the 'limited edition' style of sales in the model business... That's why... It's often times the only way to motivate people to buy stuff. I personally get requests to do new products in my businesses every week. I quickly learned not to get suckered, after the first few times I made the silly mistake of assuming the people would actually buy the stuff. Once they were available, 99% of the people that said they wanted them disappeared into the woodwork and didn't even bother to reply to an email. Then you get the people who email you 20 times with all these questions, and usually don't buy it in the end. Or the few that do end up returning it for some silly reason. Or how about the self proclaimed "review" sites that are often just people who see flaws and errors in everything, and have nothing better to do than talk trash about somebody else's hard work. I feel for anybody that's made the effort and had to take all the BS that goes along with it.

So Hatchet starts a thread called "Let's Pester Joseph"??? And he asks for a bunch of stuff in 1:72; I know that's a popular scale in Europe, but go ask Scott or Bob why more of their decals aren't released in 1:72 scale.

So Hatchet starts a thread called "Let's Pester Joseph"??? And he asks for a bunch of stuff in 1:72; I know that's a popular scale in Europe, but go ask Scott or Bob why more of their decals aren't released in 1:72 scale.

I'm asking for stuff in 72nd. If you want stuff in 48th or 35th or some other scale, ask for that. If I'm the only one who asks for the 72nd stuff, I very much doubt Josephs gonna make it, even if he does build in that scale himself. As I understand it, you were making some decals for your own use for the H-60, but were considering making them available to others because of interest shown here. Where's the f'cking difference?

Edited by hatchet
Guest LITTLE BIRD 117
I'm asking for stuff in 72nd. If you want stuff in 48th or 35th or some other scale, ask for that. If I'm the only one who asks for the 72nd stuff, I very much doubt Josephs gonna make it, even if he does build in that scale himself. As I understand it, you were making some decals for your own use for the H-60, but were considering making them available to others because of interest shown here. Where's the f'cking difference?

You are not the only one that wants stuff in 1/72nd scale! I really only build 1/72nd and 1/48th, unless it's props from WWII. If there is any reason I don;t buy alot of stuff offered by companys like CC, it's because I don't have a credit card.

Jake

P.S. I would be sure to support any CH/MH-47 stuff that comes out. ;)

Where's the f'cking difference?

No one begged me to do those.

I started those for myself and to help out a few other Pave Hawk modelers who happen to be in the SAR community and hooked me up with pix of markings, info on paint schemes and pointed out some of the differences between Block modifications.

Now, if others want a sheet, I'd be happy to help them as much as I can, but there are two ways for me to print these sheets. One is cheap and it'll show. It's not terrible, I've seen the results and they're "acceptable." The other is very, very expensive but the quality of the decals will be outstanding. For the consumer, one who buys a sheet from me, the price between the two will be similar, regardless of how they're produced since that's what the market will tolerate. So I have to ask myself, am I willing to make that kind of personal investment of my own $$$? Between discussing this topic with a couple of small decal vendors and the recent developments with Cobra Company, I'm less and less inclined to go the more expensive route.

Besides, you think the Pave hawk decals are the only thing I want that no one's producing? If I've got an idea for Joseph, I'll gather info on the subject, reference, etc. and make a formal proposal, not post a wish list on a forum somewhere under the title "Let's Pester Joseph" (the title alone is full of contempt for Joseph, as if his sole purpose is to fulfill our whims)

No one begged me to do those.

I started those for myself and to help out a few other Pave Hawk modelers who happen to be in the SAR community and hooked me up with pix of markings, info on paint schemes and pointed out some of the differences between Block modifications.

Now, if others want a sheet, I'd be happy to help them as much as I can, but there are two ways for me to print these sheets. One is cheap and it'll show. It's not terrible, I've seen the results and they're "acceptable." The other is very, very expensive but the quality of the decals will be outstanding. For the consumer, one who buys a sheet from me, the price between the two will be similar, regardless of how they're produced since that's what the market will tolerate. So I have to ask myself, am I willing to make that kind of personal investment of my own $$$? Between discussing this topic with a couple of small decal vendors and the recent developments with Cobra Company, I'm less and less inclined to go the more expensive route.

Besides, you think the Pave hawk decals are the only thing I want that no one's producing? If I've got an idea for Joseph, I'll gather info on the subject, reference, etc. and make a formal proposal, not post a wish list on a forum somewhere under the title "Let's Pester Joseph" (the title alone is full of contempt for Joseph, as if his sole purpose is to fulfill our whims)

The title of the thread was meant in a humorous way.

I'm not begging for anything, I'm trying to see if there are any ideas for Joseph that he might not have thought about himself. Maybe he could be inspired a bit. I assume he's gonna use what ideas he can and ignore those he can't. Also, like you, I think he's got enough business sence not to produce stuff he can't sell, but sometimes you're surprised. There might have been 100 other modelers who are interested in the Caracal, all of them thinking it's a niche no-one would fill because of lack of interest. Ore maybe Joseph was thinking about the Caracal, but this thread has showed him that no-one, except a crazy dane, is interested.

The references are a bit hard to come by here, we don't have all that many Apaches in service here in Denmark. Rest assured, I'll be snapping pics of the Merlin, if one is exhibited, at the annual airshow in June.

Oh, sorry for the choice of language in the first post.

;)

Edit: I'd personally go with ALPS (I assume that's the cheap option), that way you can always do more if demand is there. I the choice is Fantasy Printshop vs. Microscale/Cartograf, I think FP is the better option - without detracting from your artwork in any way, I doubt you'll sell 500 sheets.

Edited by hatchet

For my next two decal releases, I'll be doing "famous P-51 fighter aces" and "famous Me109 fighter aces." I'll follow that up with some Jolly Rogers decals and a Panzer IV resin detail set. Maybe some NASCAR stuff, too.

:beer4: It's not April 1st, but you get the idea, right?

You know, that graphic is a little sick~~ Quit wailing on his junk!

For my next two decal releases, I'll be doing "famous P-51 fighter aces" and "famous Me109 fighter aces." I'll follow that up with some Jolly Rogers decals and a Panzer IV resin detail set. Maybe some NASCAR stuff, too.

:doh: It's not April 1st, but you get the idea, right?

Oh, I have been so looking forward to an opportunity to use this:

wank.gif

:lol: :beer4:

Actually, if you did that you'd probably make a fortune! :) Hey, and then more helicopter stuff for the rest of us!

Quit wailing on his junk!

"Something big is going down, this place is crawling with Strangers."

"Well, you can't expect to know everybody!"

"No, Hank... Strangers are undercover Guild operatives."

"We gotta warn Pop!"

"No, Dean. This is Guild business, your father isn't in any harm. Guild works clean, professional, and surgical. In a way, they're the only organization I still respect."

"And they kill clean! Don't let dames get in the way!"

"Honestly, Hank, where do you pick that stuff up? I never see you read!"

"It's weird, right?"

"It's like he channels dead crazy people!"

Venture_Bros_season_two-785339.jpg

"Go Team Venture!"

"Go Team Venture!"

I've been watching the season 2 DVDs every night for a week. That show kills pop culture like a ninja. I can't wait for season 3.

By the way, I LOVE 1/72 scale. But I actually wish the helicopter market would standardize on 1/48 scale. It would make my project board a lot easier.

I've been watching the season 2 DVDs every night for a week. That show kills pop culture like a ninja. I can't wait for season 3.

"Toys Colonel Gentleman wished he had when he was a child, but they weren't invented yet: Micronauts, Scooby-Doo Monster Game, AT-AT Imperial Walker, Stay Alive: The Survival Game, Which Witch..."

AH1W;

Like these ones?

http://www.jbot.ca/aircraft/03/nyp206.shtml

In 72nd Scale;

I second the update for the USMC UN-1N, and...

a cockpit and weapons set for the PAH-1 (Bo-105),

an update for the flotation bags, weps, (ECM) lumps and bumps, and decals for the UH-46,

5-segment air filters and lumps and bumps for the Israeli CH-53 Yas' ur,

the lumps and bumps, exhaust correction and cockpit for the latest Royal Marine Gazelle AH-1s,

and, finally, a Medi-Hawk conversion kit for the Hasegawa or Italeri Blackhawks.

WARDOG

Edited by Glynn Jacobs

;) It's not April 1st, but you get the idea, right?

:woo:

And now we know who else is in league with the Anti-1/72 Cabal, whose suspected and nefarious goal is to reduce all modelling to 1/48th P-51Ds, Me109Gs, and F/A-18Ds... :stupid: