Any Good Hobby Shops in Los Angeles Area?

Prestige Hobbies in Buena Park on Beach Blvd. 20 miles from LA (just down from Knotts Berry Farm theme park)

Pegasus Hobbies in Montclair 35 miles east of LA They have a website

Hobby People (main headquarters) in Fountain Valley 35 miles south east (next to Huntington Beach) they also have a website.

Pegasus is by far the best of the three...

Marke

Edited by Marke
Prestige Hobbies in Buena Park on Beach Blvd. 20 miles from LA (just down from Knotts Berry Farm theme park)

IIRC Prestige might be gone.

Brookhurst Hobbies in Garden Grove has tons of stuff. www.brookhursthobbies.com

Brookhurst has a good selection once you get past all the gaming stuff up front.

I do highly recommend The Military Shop in Long Beach, just remember that it is only open on Saturday and Sunday. If you do get there you will be treated to a good group of regulars, a movie or sporting event on the TV and a fridge full of refreshment. It's also a good place to stock up on your reading material.

Edited by Matt Shropshire
I do highly recommend The Military Shop in Long Beach, just remember that it is only open on Saturday and Sunday. If you do get there you will be treated to a good group of regulars, a movie or sporting event on the TV and a fridge full of refreshment. It's also a good place to stock up on your reading material.

Yeah, I miss going to Gary's every weekend like I did before and watching the movies and eating Krispy Kreme donuts. Hmmmmm, it is about time for another Military Shop run.:wave:

Daniel

• 9 months later...

One other hobby shop is Military Hobbies - 138 East Taft Ave. in Orange. The shop has been there for quite some time, but it changed ownership a year ago, and they are updating their inventory and stocking some nice aftermarket stuff. Nice and helpful staff.

It's not at big as Brookhurst or Pegasus, but I stop in regularly.

mason

Brookhurst is a great shop, with tons of aftermarket and kits. The staff has never been particularly pleasant with me though. Military hobbies has improved quite a bit in the past two years or so, and is worth stopping by if you are in Orange County. If you are staying closer to Los Angeles, I recommend Burbank's House of Hobbies as well as Kit Kraft in Studio City. Mission Models opens up their warehouse every friday for a couple of hours, and is a great place to go to get aftermarket goodies and paints, and armor stuff. Enjoy your trip out here to LA!

Jason