Whats the score with this stuff? I am looking for a way to do NMF without spraying, can this be applied to paint I have hand painted on, any links to usefull articles would be great.

Cheers,

Julien

Tried it once; hated it, with a model from which the finish wore off, clothes (and body) plastered with powder, the kit went into the bin, my clothes went into the washing machine, and I went into the bath. I should have known, from when the first Alclad manufacturer tried to make a buffable finish; as he said, if it's buffable, it's made to come off. Obviously, it can be done, otherwise it wouldn't still be available, and others must have had success. I'll just keep powder for my private little places, thank you. :whistle:

Edgar

I find SnJ poweder indespensible as a buffing agent. I put on latex gloves and a respirator, put the model to be worked on over an old kit box (to catch excess powder) as well as newspaper or paper towels (yes, the powder gets everywhere; that's just the nature of the beast).

I apply the powder with a Q-Tip (cotton bud), swirling it on as evenly and thickly as possible over a recently-sprayed-and-not-quite-cured finish. I then buff it with a soft cotton cloth.

I never cease to be amazed at the incredible, very-realistic results!

I've had great success buffing out a high sheen on NMFs using:

Tamiya AS or TS synthetic lacquers

Citadel acrylic metallics (primed with Tamiya gray or white)

Tamiya acrylic metallics

Polly Scale acrylic metallics

and, judging by some of the pictures posted by guys who've used SnJ in concert with Alclad. . .utterly amazing in their realism!

As far as paint coming off; I'd highly recommend something like the Tamiya AS 12 or Citadel Mithril Silver with a coat of Tamiya primer under it. . .I've never had a problem once the model was properly primed.

Cheers

Old Blind Dog

It polishes Tamiya Silver or Aluminium a treat; just a few panels here and there makes all the difference in a natural metal scheme. Yes, it does need precautions - use SPARingly, with a capital "spare"!