AN/ALQ-188 on F-16C Aggressor

Hi guys,

does anyone have some informations and/or drawings about the AN/ALQ-188 jammer pod ( the 'dead gecko' ) used at F-16C Aggressors ?

So sad Cobra Company stopped all its activities. I want to build a Nellis F-16 Aggressor, and need this pod ! But its hard to find any information about in the net. Maybe its classified.

Who can help ?

jack52 (Germany)

Edited by jack52
Hey Jack- try aero-spezial.de. They still got some Cobra company stuff left. Maybe you are lucky and the agressor set is still in stock

Hi godhika,

i tried aero-s two weeks ago. Mr. Waltermann lives about 30 km from here, half an hour with my old car.

But alas he is sold out too. So i want to try a scratch-build, but need infos, photos, everything about that pod.

Aires just announced a pod. I know it's available in 1/32. I assume other scales, as well.

FYI, the pod is not only used by the 64AGRS, but any squadron and any type of aircraft that needs to simulate the enemy. I shot them on 33FW F-15Cs and 388FW F-16C/Ds last week at Nellis.

Jake

Aires just announced a pod. I know it's available in 1/32. I assume other scales, as well.

I'm hoping they will do it in 1/48.

FYI, the pod is not only used by the 64AGRS, but any squadron and any type of aircraft that needs to simulate the enemy. I shot them on 33FW F-15Cs and 388FW F-16C/Ds last week at Nellis.

Jake

Some photos please !!

jack52

Edited by jack52
  • 3 months later...

hello,

i've got Chris Millers (CobraCompany) very fine aggressor set last week via Aero-Spezial.

just one question : overall color of the an/alq-188 is light ghost grey, isn't it ??

Hans

just one question : overall color of the an/alq-188 is light ghost grey, isn't it ??

Hans

No, it's darker. I don't know the FS number, but check out photos of the pod on the web. Dave posted a link to some shots of mine that you can use, and the pod is also in my F-16 detail book due out next month.

Jake

No, it's darker. I don't know the FS number, but check out photos of the pod on the web. Dave posted a link to some shots of mine that you can use, and the pod is also in my F-16 detail book due out next month.

Jake

Thanks Jake