I´m just working on the excellent Revell 1/72 Tiger UHT (I will definetely buy another one for an Aussie-version) and wonder if it´s correct that I have to paint two different shades of green. Any knowledge?

HAJO

Yep, should be correct. The camo is two greens and black, if I'm not mistaken. The greens, however, are so close in shade that once you weather the model, they're hardly discernable as different colours. Even on an immaculately clean helo it's difficult to tell the difference.

I believe Medevac71 did a very nice EC-135 where he elaborated on that.

Hi,

if you want to build a German Heeresflieger version, the paintscheme is the so-called Norm '84 (after the year it was first introduced). The colors are: RAL 6003 (olive green) and F.S. 34079 (forest green), the dark color is RAL 7021 (schwarzgrau). RAL 7021 is an almost black grey, do not use WW2-Panzergrau. The simplified scheme uses only two colors, RAL 6003 and RAL 7021, e .g. on the Bo-105.

Any color comparison table on the WWW will show you similar colors (different brands or RAL > F.S. conversion).

Be advised that RAL 6003 fades a lot (to a blueish light green, almost peppermint-chewing-gum-like), but as the Tiger is a new aircraft, I wouldn't severely age my model.

Any further questions, just PM me.

HTH

Jan

Edited by PeepingBear

I used Revell Bronzegrün 65 for the darker green and Humbrol 117 for the brighter one. The "black" is a mixture of mostly Revell Anthrazit 9, some Humbrol 105 and a bit of Revell black 6. Looking quite now, I will take pictures later....

BTW: Already got a second kit of it for my australian version. :whistle:

HAJO

Ok, this is the status so far. You can´t see it now, but I made the rotor-mast a bit longer with plastic rod. Now I can glue the mast-sight on it while the rotor itself can remain "functional".

UHT1.jpg

I wondered about this huge gap in the right side:

UHT2.jpg

Any idea what it is for?

HAJO

I wondered about this huge gap in the right side:

Any idea what it is for?

HAJO

AFAIK, it is one of the places where the chaff / flares ejector are put in. On the other side, there is a similar opening. But I've also read that it's simply a ventilation opening. Seems strange that it is recessed, if just for ventilation. Personally, I go with the chaff / flare ejector theory.

Well, on the model the other side (left side) has no such hole...

HAJO

Neither does the real thing: http://www.airliners.net/open.file/1132149/L/

On the 1/48 model, this space is filled with what looks like it might be a chaff dispenser, but that whole model is so full of inaccuracies I wouldn't exactly bank on that. Go with the pics, instead...

SP

Hi, everybody!

I asked an Eurocopter employee about this opening. It's a ventilation (ECS) opening with a sandfilter.

The chaff / flare ejectors are in the V-shaped case under the belly.

HTH,

Jan

Edited by PeepingBear

A first picture of the completed helo, I will take more later this day, all the others I took just some minutes ago are too dark. Sun is just too bright for this model.

UHU1.jpg

HAJO

I just wrote my text and it will hopefully appear on Modellversium in the next days.

Unfortunately this is the best shot of the cockpit area so far, if you have any questions, shoot them right away!

Uhu3.jpg

HAJO

Edited by Hajo L.