Dave,

Great pix! East Coast weather certainly cooperating for your photos and their return!

Nice to see SHARP pods on a couple of the Bones; anyone have any idea about the centerline store on 210? Looks like a guidance pod...

Keep the images coming Dave!

Cheers,

Mike

What's that underneath on the centerline? That a bomb or a travel pod? or something?

That looks like a guidance pod, possibly an AAW-13. Interestingly, if it is, that pod is usually associated with the AGM-84K SLAM-ER and the Super Hornet isn't cleared to carry that missile yet.

Is it common for that many jets to "fly off" the carrier with ordinance ?

I've seen tanks, pods and racks before but this seems like more weapons than usual ...

Gregg

Is it common for that many jets to "fly off" the carrier with ordinance ?

I've seen tanks, pods and racks before but this seems like more weapons than usual ...

Gregg

Gregg, the weapon is a CATM. Most squadron take training missiles on cruise with them and the easiest way to get them there and back is to fly them. The MERs are usually for Mk.76s and LGTRs only.

Would I be letting the cat out of the bag if I said that I promised Brian Marbrey that Fightertown Decals would put out the previously announced VFDecals VFA-103 combat cruise decals?

oops, I think I just did ;)

Ok, all the Superhornet and jolly rogers haters can let me have it now... :)

-brian

Would I be letting the cat out of the bag if I said that I promised Brian Marbrey that Fightertown Decals would put out the previously announced VFDecals VFA-103 combat cruise decals?

oops, I think I just did :cheers:

Ok, all the Superhornet and jolly rogers haters can let me have it now... :thumbsup:

-brian

That's great news Brian I'll buy the sheet for sure. :D

Any other Super Hornet sheets planned?

Daniel

Edited by Super Hornet 88
Gregg, the weapon is a CATM. Most squadron take training missiles on cruise with them and the easiest way to get them there and back is to fly them. The MERs are usually for Mk.76s and LGTRs only.

Ah, thanks Fuji !

Gregg

Hi Dave-

I did manage to make it to the fly in. I was standing next to Liza when the jets came in and we were wondering where you where. :lol:

Anyway, here's a few of my pics. Sorry they are so grainy. I didn't have my camera's dpi and apeture settings set like I should have. Like an idot, I didn't check before I shot.

Enjoy..

vfa103110.jpg

vfa103028.jpg

vfa103014.jpg

vfa103126.jpg

Sorry they are so grainy. I didn't have my camera's dpi and apeture settings set like I should have. Like an idot, I didn't check before I shot.

Nice pics Brian!

As for the graininess, my guess is that your ISO setting is too high. Usually I shoot at ISO 100 outdoors on a sunny day-- maybe ISO 200-400 on a cloudy overcast day and ISO 800 in an indoor, low-light environment.

oh crap, I still need to pay you for those two Tomcat kits! call me at home... my cell phone "malfunctioned" during my trip to Chicago... ;)