Academy SB-17G in 1/72

Wonderful light outside was the perfect occasion to picture my Academy SB-17G

Kit went together quite well, I scratched some cockpit and navigator-compartment details which are unfortunately not visible anymore... But I know they´re there. <_<

SB17l1.jpg

Only problem with the kit was that I referred to the box-picture when painting it and didn´t realized that the instruction sheet and the decal options only allowed to paint the top of the aircraft in yellow. So I had no black-stripe decals left for the underside, but that´s the spare-box is for...

SB17v1.jpg

I also tried a little experiment, you can see it on the wings: I used kitchen-foil to cover the flaps, I´m quite satisfied with the outcome.

Overall a really nice bird, very colourful, and that´s the only reason why my girlfriend allows me to place it in our living-room... :)

SB17l2.jpg

SB17r1.jpg

SB17r2.jpg

Any questions are welcome...

HAJO

Yes, these are the original kit-decals, I found some of them a little bit thick, especially the more colourful ones like the winged stars. While the black stripes reacted good to Mr. Mark Softer, these others were a bit difficult...

HAJO