Thanks Justin and Daryl!

Justin,

I did not intend to copy the same two kits you chose for the GB it just worked out that way, the Fw 190 has been in my stash for over 20 years now and when I learned about this GB I knew this was the perfect time to build it.

The P-40 kit was sent to me as a gift from a member of the What-If forum and I wanted to build it soon and would also be just in time for the GB.

Two other kits I might enter later on are the Me 109E and the Bf 109G-10. I will have to search for some decals for the Me 109E but I have a number of decal sheets to choose from for the G-10.

Your Fw 190 looks great!

Matrixone

Edited by matrixone

Here is a pic of where I'm at with my models, the Fw 190 is goiing very well no real problems with it while the P-40 has needed a lot of filling gaps and seams with putty and then sanding them smooth. Maybe next weekend I can start painting.

BTW, the fuselage of the Fw 190 D-9 in the background is not part of this GB.

257177524.jpg

Matrixone

Thanks Mike!

Thats ModelMaster II enamel olive drab straight out of the bottle with the lighter spots the same olive drab with a few drops of white added. I intend to add some heavy weathering to this model so this patchy appearence you see on it now will be toned down slightly when I add other layers of weathering.

Matrixone

Thank you Richard,

I have a few ideas about the markings of my P-40, I can't say much about it now as it will ruin the surprise.

Matrixone

Hmmm...now I do too. Wonder what they thought of it?

Ken

• 4 weeks later...