Space Shuttle resource page

Jays posts about WonderFest got me thinking: (yea, sometimes it's a bad thing)

Would anyone out there be interested in a Space Shuttle Resource Page? I mean a page to bring together all the photos and crap I have gathered during the research for my complex build, in one place.

I have gathered photos , diagrams, as well as NASA procedures and such, that may be of use to others building a shuttle or the Revell complex. Most of these were gathered from JSC as well as a few of my online friends... others I have forgotten where I got them. :woot.gif:

Of course, credit would be given where it is due.

I would host this on my own website and people would have access to view and download whatever they want.

Does this sound like something that would be worth the effort?

Edited by indydog

Mark,

Sounds like a very good idea. I'm a new builder in Space Modeling and with my Space Shuttle project I know I will need help from others space modelers on ARC. So, I think it is a very good idea and I will try to help any way I can. :cheers:

Mike

Ok, I'm going for broke, I'm gonna create a Shuttle page. I don't yet have webspace, but I do have a quick mockup of what it will look like:

Check it out here

Not the final version mind you, a few buttons may change or be added. Besides, it will take me awhile to pull it all together.

Whadda ya think?

(I also intend to add a "Models" section, so all you guys get ready. :thumbsup: )

Probably the best resources right now for each flight's stack are the diagrams Alfonso has on his paper models site. For my book I am hoping to try and get at least one shot of each stack, but it is a lot of data to sort through and even NASA's archives don't quite have everything online yet for some of the early missions up to 51L or stuff past STS-26R to the time when they started posting more stuff digitally. There have been 117 shuttle missions to date afterall (117 being the 118th mission).

Hey Mark, so far so good. Are you going to have pictures of each flight's stack as well as general pictures?

Sounds nice Justin, but that would be a mound of data. For right now, I'm just gonna keep it a general Shuttle research page.

However, I do have copies Alfonos diagrams that Jay spoke of. As I obtain permissions for data I know didn't come from a JSC site, I may post up more stuff.

Jays posts about WonderFest got me thinking: (yea, sometimes it's a bad thing)

Would anyone out there be interested in a Space Shuttle Resource Page? I mean a page to bring together all the photos and crap I have gathered during the research for my complex build, in one place.

I have gathered photos , diagrams, as well as NASA procedures and such, that may be of use to others building a shuttle or the Revell complex. Most of these were gathered from JSC as well as a few of my online friends... others I have forgotten where I got them. :)

Of course, credit would be given where it is due.

I would host this on my own website and people would have access to view and download whatever they want.

Does this sound like something that would be worth the effort?

I only have one thing to say: PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE DO IT!!!!!!

Edited by TomcatFanatic123
Sounds nice Justin, but that would be a mound of data. For right now, I'm just gonna keep it a general Shuttle research page.

However, I do have copies Alfonos diagrams that Jay spoke of. As I obtain permissions for data I know didn't come from a JSC site, I may post up more stuff.

Gotcha, I understand that would be an awful lot of pics. And there's always images.jsc.nasa.gov if you really wanted to get specific with a stack, as well as Alfonso's site. I look forward to seeing the site operational!

Thank you again for your efforts Mark.

Justin

I'd say go with this!!!

BTW, about sir Alfonso's site...

His files are constantly updating whenever new information is added...

plus, with his card model line depicting every single shuttle mission since STS-1 (orbiter, stack config, cargo bay layout, payload, everything) and is gonna grow until the last shuttle mission, it would be a valuable reference... Plus, he's currently on the drawing board for the Mobile Launch Platform plus the Crawler...

and at the end of this year, he's going to release his 1/144 scale card model of the ISS, with the modules constantly added until the final assembly flight (I'm planning an FSM article regarding his designs)

Doing some digging to reconstruct some data I lost when my hard drive ate itself, I came across an older shuttle image database link in my bookmark archives. At the very least, it is possible to get some good images of the shuttle program from STS-67 to 107. The images taken for missions after 107 are archived elsewhere on the NASA sites and it can be a bit more difficult to search for them. But at least here one can find about 8 years worth of KSC launch and processing photos. :coolio:

http://starshipmodeler.net/cgi-bin/phpBB2/...hp?folder=inbox

Edited by Jay Chladek
  • 2 months later...

My Space Shuttle Resource page is up and operating! :blink:

Space Shuttle Resource

Please stop by and let me know what you think. Color? Navigation? Too complicated? Let me know...

If anyone has any info they would like to donate to the site, please contact me. I'll post it up and give credit to you. I have about 200 more photos/diagrams to sort through, but the more the marrier. :rofl:

I also would like to have some links to various (not just shuttles) NASA models for the links page. If you would like your models included, please put a link in an e-mail and I'll see that it's posted.

Mark