Need Help With U.S.M.C. Finishes And Markings Circa 1927/28

For VF-9M birds and the red hubs and engine plate, I will have to look at my files at home. I think that Olimp may have gone a bit overboard since it wasn't until they received F7C-1s that they really started applying red to their birds. They did this to add some flash to the aircraft after they formed a "Demonstartion Team" called the "Rojos Diablos," so I think that might be premature on the F6C-4, but like I said, let me check my files this eveing.

BW

For VF-9M birds and the red hubs and engine plate, I will have to look at my files at home. I think that Olimp may have gone a bit overboard since it wasn't until they received F7C-1s that they really started applying red to their birds. They did this to add some flash to the aircraft after they formed a "Demonstartion Team" called the "Rojos Diablos," so I think that might be premature on the F6C-4, but like I said, let me check my files this eveing.

BW

Spent some time going through my book cases and pulled this oldie out with these 3 photos. Each has its own caption and are from the "Marine Fighting Squadron Nine" by Jess C. Barrow, which I had overlooked in my search for information on Navy Curtiss Hawks.

P1000710.jpg

P1000709.jpg

P1000708.jpg

Some more fromUS "US Navy &Marine Corps Fighters 1918-1962" by Paul Matt.

P1000712.jpg

P1000713.jpg

Edited by flypaper2222