I've been on a modelling hiatus for last 2 months so this build has stood still since then.

Yesterday i decided bugger that, im gonna finish it in one foul swoop.

12 hours later, almost solid non-stop, here's the result. Went to bed at 2am, woke up feeling like i'd been run over by a bus :worship:

99% complete except for pitot tube and refueling probe.

Im happy with it, prob my best build to date IMO.

As for the kit, considering its age (1980 ), it went together nicely, good detail esp the in wheel wells.

Except for the rear fuselage section fit and a few seams i was impressed.

Any critiques, comments welcome :cheers:

PICT0134.jpg

PICT0136.jpg

PICT0009.jpg

PICT0007.jpg

PICT0008.jpg

PICT0004.jpg

PICT0012.jpg

PICT0011.jpg

I have to ask this,where did you get decals for the 323rd FBW,Bunker Hill AFB(now Grissom AFB/ARB)at?Awesome build BTW :worship: ,still trying to get my courage up to start my F-100 build in 1/48th,My courage doesn't cover BMF,I would have to put mine in the SEA scheme to cover my mistakes!

That's a nice looking F-100, I especially like the work you've done in the cockpit; very sharp looking. As someone else has commented, choosing a NM finish is a brave step and you've achieved a very smooth result.

Since you've asked for critiques, I hope you won't mind me commenting on the seam work on your model. As I'm sure you know natural metal finishes are the worst for showing up flaws, and there are some prominent join marks on the rear fuselage (aft of the wing trailing edge), on the drop tanks and on the missiles. They're a pain to eliminate but they'll significantly improve the look of your model.

A very nice Hun! Me likes! :stooges: Actually, me likes all Hun models! :cheers:

I normally don't build 48 in terms of jets, but I guess I'll make an exception with the Century jets.

wait, that's BMF????

I guess BMF can mean both "Bare-Metal Foil" and "bare metal finish".

Edited by ChernayaAkula